Apparently, MUni is not a sport.

tennisgh22 forgot to finish his long post with a list of whatever was left over. If anything.

I have read arguments about what counts as a sport before. I think it boils down to the definition of art, which is little more than, if you call it the thing, it is the thing.

And BTW, though I know you were just having fun, MUni has plenty of rules. When it’s played as a sport, that is. If you’re just out riding, you can do whatever you want. If you’re in a race, you have to abide by the rules.

rules? what, like “no ditching the muni and running to teh finish line”? :slight_smile:

Actually, i can’t wait to join my first muni competition. im not sure ill ever get a chance as all the competitions and group rides seem to be on the west coast, but who knows maybe one day…

-grant

The whole thing with the Olympics, I feel, is that the activities that they choose to accept into the games are ones that are recognized and played in enough countries in the world to make them “international” In the case of football and rugby, not enough countries activley participate to make it worthwhile to have their own event.

To Tom- well, I’m just a stupid definition kind of guy. :wink:

What about roller hockey? Ultimate frisbee? These are both team games, both sides have an equal advantage. I think they have every definition of a sport that you want, except being in the Olympics, which I do not see as defining a sport.

I might require a sport to be competitive. Then mountain biking, and therefore muni would not be a sport.

It all comes down to the defition of “sport” and many people would define it many different ways. Defining words is an interesting thing. :slight_smile: