Anyone using Large Marge Wheel Yet?

if only you knew what you’re talking about. The large marge has a huge spoke offset, the nipples are seated on an angled surface, and the thing is much wider. where the doublewide has the spoke offset of an xc rim, the nipples sit on a flat surface, and there is poor support of the outside of the rim.

Just because it looks like a miniature motorcycle rim doesn’t make it stronger. yeah, the double wide was made to be strong at all costs, but people have fugured out how to make rims stronger in the five or six years it has been since it was designed.

I agree entirely, onetrack! The advancement of principles and concepts of wheel building have been incorporated into contemporary rim design.

Don’t argue with a man who can fly? :slight_smile:

While the rest of us were trying to navigate multiple wheel sizes and gear rations onetrack flew off this rolling hop to drop many times and lived to ride another day. :sunglasses:

I’ve only trued my wheel while building it, and in this case there isn’t much truing to be done… the wheel comes straight, and when the spokes get tight, you stop. The big cross section doesn’t move around much when truing, and it doesn’t need to.

I’d put my money on the LM being stronger than a DoubleWide, but what do I know.

I’ve got some miles on a 26x3 Gazz on a LM, and I love the combo. I suspect the Hookworm would be a fun ride too.

Thanks George. I’m pretty sure I will get myself a 24" LM when they’re available for my custom muni upgrade.

Andrew