Anyone used the Kenda Kikzumbut 20"?

This tire is cheap as dirt on udc, I’ve looked here on the forums and on google, but I can’t seem to find out any info about this tire. Anyone used it? What did you think of it?

I had one that came on a used Torker wheel I bought on Craigslist. It’s a freestyle tire – 20" not 19" – so it won’t fit on your street uni. I liked it because I could air it up to 65 psi. I was trying to learn to idle at the time, and higher pressure made it easier.

my uni currently has a try all stiky on it that’s 20 x2.5, doesn’t that mean my rim is 20"?

I get confused with the 19" and 20" rims/tires sometimes.

20x2.5" trials tires/rims have a bead diameter of 381mm (often referred to as 19"). Traditional 20" tires, such as most freestyle unicycles use and the kikzumbut that you’re looking at have a 406mm bead diameter.

As far as freestyle tires go, the Kikzumbut is fine, it’s cheap and rated to high enough pressures, with a decently smooth rolling feel. And it comes in a choice of colors, what more could you want?

If you’re looking for a smooth tire for your 19"/trials rim, you’re pretty much out of luck.

Yeah the only tires that’ll fit to my knowledge are 19x2.5 trials tires (often they say 20" on the tire or the advertising).

I’ve tried that tire and didn’t like it. It was significantly better at higher pressures and squirly and bottomed out easier at lower pressures. I had to up it by 10 psi over my other tires. Since it’s cheap, fairly light and freestyle riders usually ride at higher pressures it’d prob be fine for them.

I was just looking for a less knobby tire to use on my K1 black domina. Would the maxxis grifter fit?

No. Your wheel is properly called a 19", not a 20. Any “mod” trials tire would fit.

Don’t you still have your beginner uni? You could use these tires on that (if it’s a 20 and not a ie 24). It would be good for doing flat tricks on and last a while before breaking if you didn’t jump off anything.

My giraffe came with one standard. it seems ok for just a regular riding around tyre

This one is still knobby but gives some more information:
http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/product/maxxiscreepycrawler20intyre.aspx?&id=14099
Specifications of the Maxxis Creepy Crawler Trials Tyre
Block tread design
Front and rear specific modified trials tyre
20x2.5 tyre is built on 67-387 casing (19”)
20x2.0 tyre is built on 54-406 casing (20”)
20x2.5 tyre does NOT fit a standard 20" BMX wheel

so you need to look for some other 387 sized tyres. Tried to looked at some, but apart from Try-All Sticky and Maxis Crawler I don’t see any.

19" rims seem to have been developed specifically for trials and so the only tires available are trials tires. You could use build a 20" wheel (with the KH flatland rim or another BMX rim) in your trials frame and then be able to choose from lots of BMX tires.

19" rims seem to have been developed specifically for trials and so the only tires available are trials tires. You could build a 20" wheel (with the KH flatland rim or another BMX rim) to use in your trials frame and then be able to choose from lots of BMX tires.

Keep your eyes out on the For Sale section. A lot of times people will be selling their old trials tires. If you got one of those you could shave it down and remove the nubs. Thus giving you a smooth tire that will fit onto your trials rim. A lot of people use shaved trials tires for flatland stuff.

Thanks for the help everyone!