Anyone tried GoDaddy?

Has anyone tried this registar, GoDAddy? The name is weird, but 8.95 per
year sounds very good.

Eugene

I have about 8 about names with godaddy.com, and so far they have been
pretty good with no problems. They have an easy to configure control panel
and descent customer service. They have been much better to deal with than
verio, atleast in my experiences. Plus the price ain’t (oops, i mean
isn’t) half bad…

Tom

“Yevgeniy Leshchinskiy” <webmaster@animationlibrary.com> wrote in message
news:9lc9o6$e8v$1@constitution.worldwebserver.com
> Has anyone tried this registar, GoDAddy? The name is weird, but 8.95 per
> year sounds very good.
>
> Eugene

Yevgeniy Leshchinskiy wrote:
>
> Has anyone tried this registar, GoDAddy? The name is weird, but 8.95 per
> year sounds very good.

I haven’t tried GoDaddy but I’ve tried http://NameCheap.com - only $8.88.


Peter N. Go - mailto:peter@icthus.net

http://CGI-City.net http://BannerBuild.com http://BudgetWebHost.com
http://NewsCuts.com http://RegisterGuy.com http://ZenSearch.com
http://FreeMailWeb.com

      Accept Credit Cards Online. Run An Affiliate Program.
          <a href="http://www.icthus.net/cgi-city/clickbank.html">http://www.icthus.net/cgi-city/clickbank.html</a>

it’s hard for me to try a non-openSRS registrar because of the ease of
transfers to new owners. Are the other’s like godaddy and namecheap as
friendly to name resellers?


Rodney Blackwell - site owner/administrator

http://T-ShirtCountdown.com http://TalkT-Shirts.com/
http://ihateclowns.com/ http://NewT-Shirts.com/ http://DomainJunkies.com/
http://EmailSources.com/ http://SellYourLogo.com/ http://JackAssMail.com

Free Color Business Cards http://www.linkcounter.com/go.php?linkid=153264

“Yevgeniy Leshchinskiy” <webmaster@animationlibrary.com> wrote in message
news:9lc9o6$e8v$1@constitution.worldwebserver.com
> Has anyone tried this registar, GoDAddy? The name is weird, but 8.95 per
> year sounds very good.
>
> Eugene

oh, I guess their front page says it all…free online transfer of
ownership. wow, that could save me $100’s of dollars a year in domain
fees. hmm…maybe I should switch.

The only thing I worry about is the longevity of the registrar. If
namecheap goes belly up, where else can I manage my domains from?


Rodney Blackwell - site owner/administrator

http://T-ShirtCountdown.com http://TalkT-Shirts.com/
http://ihateclowns.com/ http://NewT-Shirts.com/ http://DomainJunkies.com/
http://EmailSources.com/ http://SellYourLogo.com/ http://JackAssMail.com

Free Color Business Cards http://www.linkcounter.com/go.php?linkid=153264

“Peter N. Go” <peter@icthus.net> wrote in message
news:3B79EC83.F4AE95C9@icthus.net
> Yevgeniy Leshchinskiy wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone tried this registar, GoDAddy? The name is weird, but 8.95
> > per year sounds very good.
>
>
> I haven’t tried GoDaddy but I’ve tried http://NameCheap.com -
> only $8.88.
>
> –
> Peter N. Go - mailto:peter@icthus.net

> http://CGI-City.net http://BannerBuild.com http://BudgetWebHost.com
> http://NewsCuts.com http://RegisterGuy.com http://ZenSearch.com
> http://FreeMailWeb.com

> Accept Credit Cards Online. Run An Affiliate Program.
> http://www.icthus.net/cgi-city/clickbank.html

I can’t seem to figure out how to change the nameservers with NameCheap…


Rodney Blackwell - site owner/administrator

http://T-ShirtCountdown.com http://TalkT-Shirts.com/
http://ihateclowns.com/ http://NewT-Shirts.com/ http://DomainJunkies.com/
http://EmailSources.com/ http://SellYourLogo.com/ http://JackAssMail.com

Free Color Business Cards http://www.linkcounter.com/go.php?linkid=153264

“Peter N. Go” <peter@icthus.net> wrote in message
news:3B79EC83.F4AE95C9@icthus.net
> Yevgeniy Leshchinskiy wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone tried this registar, GoDAddy? The name is weird, but 8.95
> > per year sounds very good.
>
>
> I haven’t tried GoDaddy but I’ve tried http://NameCheap.com -
> only $8.88.
>
> –
> Peter N. Go - mailto:peter@icthus.net

> http://CGI-City.net http://BannerBuild.com http://BudgetWebHost.com
> http://NewsCuts.com http://RegisterGuy.com http://ZenSearch.com
> http://FreeMailWeb.com

> Accept Credit Cards Online. Run An Affiliate Program.
> http://www.icthus.net/cgi-city/clickbank.html

> I can’t seem to figure out how to change the nameservers with
> NameCheap…

Same here. Do you have any names with them?

I just got one last night…


Rodney Blackwell - site owner/administrator

http://T-ShirtCountdown.com http://TalkT-Shirts.com/
http://ihateclowns.com/ http://NewT-Shirts.com/ http://DomainJunkies.com/
http://EmailSources.com/ http://SellYourLogo.com/ http://JackAssMail.com

Free Color Business Cards http://www.linkcounter.com/go.php?linkid=153264

“Tom Bryant” <tom@dixieshirts.com> wrote in message
news:9lj610$6l2$1@constitution.worldwebserver.com
> > I can’t seem to figure out how to change the nameservers with
NameCheap…
>
> Same here. Do you have any names with them?

Rodney Blackwell wrote:
>
> I can’t seem to figure out how to change the nameservers with
> NameCheap…
>

  • login to your acct
  • click on “Modify Domain”
  • click on “Edit”
  • click on “Modify Nameservers”
  • select “Use Your Own Nameservers” and enter your NS info in the
    text fields
  • click “Save Changes”


Peter N. Go - mailto:peter@icthus.net

http://CGI-City.net http://BannerBuild.com http://BudgetWebHost.com
http://NewsCuts.com http://RegisterGuy.com http://ZenSearch.com
http://FreeMailWeb.com

      Accept Credit Cards Online. Run An Affiliate Program.
          <a href="http://www.icthus.net/cgi-city/clickbank.html">http://www.icthus.net/cgi-city/clickbank.html</a>

when I do that, I get the error. domain name not found. which info should
I put in the text fields? ns1.domain.com or the ip address?


Rodney Blackwell - site owner/administrator

http://T-ShirtCountdown.com http://TalkT-Shirts.com/
http://ihateclowns.com/ http://NewT-Shirts.com/ http://DomainJunkies.com/
http://EmailSources.com/ http://SellYourLogo.com/ http://JackAssMail.com

Free Color Business Cards http://www.linkcounter.com/go.php?linkid=153264

“Peter N. Go” <peter@icthus.net> wrote in message
news:3B7DCFE5.B154722@icthus.net
> Rodney Blackwell wrote:
> >
> > I can’t seem to figure out how to change the nameservers with
NameCheap…
> >
>
> - login to your acct
> - click on “Modify Domain”
> - click on “Edit”
> - click on “Modify Nameservers”
> - select “Use Your Own Nameservers” and enter your NS info in the text
> fields
> - click “Save Changes”
>
> –
> Peter N. Go - mailto:peter@icthus.net

> http://CGI-City.net http://BannerBuild.com http://BudgetWebHost.com
> http://NewsCuts.com http://RegisterGuy.com http://ZenSearch.com
> http://FreeMailWeb.com

> Accept Credit Cards Online. Run An Affiliate Program.
> http://www.icthus.net/cgi-city/clickbank.html

Rodney Blackwell wrote:
>
> when I do that, I get the error. domain name not found. which info
> should I put in the text fields? ns1.domain.com or the ip address?

I’ve used the nameserver hostname (i.e. ns1.something.com) for one of my
client’s domains and was able to make the change successfully. Try
shift+reloading the page - could be a cache problem.


Peter N. Go - mailto:peter@icthus.net

http://CGI-City.net http://BannerBuild.com http://BudgetWebHost.com
http://NewsCuts.com http://RegisterGuy.com http://ZenSearch.com
http://FreeMailWeb.com

      Accept Credit Cards Online. Run An Affiliate Program.
          <a href="http://www.icthus.net/cgi-city/clickbank.html">http://www.icthus.net/cgi-city/clickbank.html</a>

holy CRAP! namecheap seriously screwed up my order or something!
http://www.betterwhois.com/bwhois.cgi?domain=circlerprinting.com

I ordered the domain name on August 16 at 8:55pm but I can’t change the
nameservers, so I check the whois and my domain name is owned by
somebody else! BUT, the name shows up under my namecheap.com account as
owned by me?


Rodney Blackwell - site owner/administrator

http://T-ShirtCountdown.com http://TalkT-Shirts.com/
http://ihateclowns.com/ http://NewT-Shirts.com/ http://DomainJunkies.com/
http://EmailSources.com/ http://SellYourLogo.com/ http://JackAssMail.com

Free Color Business Cards http://www.linkcounter.com/go.php?linkid=153264

“Peter N. Go” <peter@icthus.net> wrote in message
news:3B7DDF53.7032FE13@icthus.net
> Rodney Blackwell wrote:
> >
> > when I do that, I get the error. domain name not found. which info
should I
> > put in the text fields? ns1.domain.com or the ip address?
>
>
> I’ve used the nameserver hostname (i.e. ns1.something.com) for one of my
> client’s domains and was able to make the change successfully. Try
> shift+reloading the page - could be a cache problem.
>
> –
> Peter N. Go - mailto:peter@icthus.net

> http://CGI-City.net http://BannerBuild.com http://BudgetWebHost.com
> http://NewsCuts.com http://RegisterGuy.com http://ZenSearch.com
> http://FreeMailWeb.com

> Accept Credit Cards Online. Run An Affiliate Program.
> http://www.icthus.net/cgi-city/clickbank.html

I found one for $8 per domain if you get 2 or more, $10 for one:
http://www.stargateinc.com/affiliate.asp?affiliateID=A2001G34XYFyYCU

I haven’t tried them yet though.

     ___________ ===================================================
     ___ /_/ / / / / Kevin Gilbertson - mail@gilby.com
     <a href="http://gilby.com/">http://gilby.com</a> / _ '/ / / _'\_ / ICQ: 12611076 AIM/AOL:
     UnicyclingGilby \_ /_/_/,___/ / Free e-Mail and Webspace at
     <a href="http://www.unicyclist.com/">http://www.Unicyclist.com</a> /\/ /__________/ Original Unicycling
     T-shirts <a href="http://gilby.com/t-shirts">http://gilby.com/t-shirts</a> \__/
     ========================================================

ok, well at least I can say the customer support is pretty fast. They
fixed the problem after a couple of emails. :slight_smile:


Rodney Blackwell - site owner/administrator

http://T-ShirtCountdown.com http://TalkT-Shirts.com/
http://ihateclowns.com/ http://NewT-Shirts.com/ http://DomainJunkies.com/
http://EmailSources.com/ http://SellYourLogo.com/ http://JackAssMail.com

Free Color Business Cards http://www.linkcounter.com/go.php?linkid=153264

“Rodney Blackwell” <circle-r@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:9lme52$vjn$1@constitution.worldwebserver.com
> holy CRAP! namecheap seriously screwed up my order or something!
> http://www.betterwhois.com/bwhois.cgi?domain=circlerprinting.com
>
> I ordered the domain name on August 16 at 8:55pm but I can’t change the
> nameservers, so I check the whois and my domain name is owned by
> somebody else! BUT, the name shows up under my namecheap.com account as
> owned by
me?
>
>
> –
> Rodney Blackwell - site owner/administrator

> http://T-ShirtCountdown.com http://TalkT-Shirts.com/
> http://ihateclowns.com/ http://NewT-Shirts.com/
> http://DomainJunkies.com/ http://EmailSources.com/
> http://SellYourLogo.com/ http://JackAssMail.com

> Free Color Business Cards
> http://www.linkcounter.com/go.php?linkid=153264
>
> “Peter N. Go” <peter@icthus.net> wrote in message
> news:3B7DDF53.7032FE13@icthus.net
> > Rodney Blackwell wrote:
> > >
> > > when I do that, I get the error. domain name not found. which info
> should I
> > > put in the text fields? ns1.domain.com or the ip address?
> >
> >
> > I’ve used the nameserver hostname (i.e. ns1.something.com) for one of
> > my client’s domains and was able to make the change successfully. Try
> > shift+reloading the page - could be a cache problem.
> >
> > –
> > Peter N. Go - mailto:peter@icthus.net

> > http://CGI-City.net http://BannerBuild.com http://BudgetWebHost.com
> > http://NewsCuts.com http://RegisterGuy.com http://ZenSearch.com
> > http://FreeMailWeb.com

> > Accept Credit Cards Online. Run An Affiliate Program.
> > http://www.icthus.net/cgi-city/clickbank.html