Anyone know a brand of unicycle which is...

Wow!

Didn’t think that’d happen. That said - the demand for hand-made unis is pretty small.

It seems I’ve missed a lot in my little absence from the forum.

My Nimbus X was made in the US, by unicycle.com.

Same here in the USA – myself, George Barnes, Scott Wallis, Rick Hunter, Gus Dingeman, Sem Abrams – all contribute substantially to the ingredients in unicycles, as well as the overall design, not to mention assembly. We also use parts developed by KH, Semcycle, uni.com, and then parts from bicycle parts manufacturers, some parts of which are manufactured directly here in the USA or Europe or the UK or Australia.

Whenever possible, and for many reasons, I (as LiveWire) try to use parts from these guys.

Re: Anyone know a brand of unicycle which is…

“tylercox” <tylercox@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> writes:

> My Nimbus X was made in the US, by unicycle.com.

Make that finally assembled in the US (UK, New Zealand, or Sweden) and
I’ll believe you. My undeerstanding is that most of the parts in a
Nimbus are manufactured by “cheap asian” factories.

Ken

Missed this earlier - Well said indeed!

(nearly finished training - 6 weeks to go and my 5-6 years of uni & work training will be finished!)

Re: Re: Anyone know a brand of unicycle which is…

That sounds about right. Tyler, I don’t know for sure, but if I had to guess I’d say the only U.S.-made part on your Nimbus is the Unicycle.com sticker. If it has a metal head tube emblem, that’s probably from Asia as well.

Again, this does not mean the workers in any of the factories are being abused, we just don’t know if they are.