Anybody Ever Try This?!?

Yeah, next time someone asks “What should I learn next?”…

blahblahblah

no way dude … if you landed it and it did roll out from under you … then you either over or underotated … im going to try one off about a 2 ft ledge into about a foot of water next weekend so we’ll see how it goes, but even if i do land it in the water … it wont be all that amazing, but it is definitely possible

-stephen-

just get sif, facing away from the ledge w/ ur back to the drop then backflip, no rolling in volved till you land

Sorry, I didn’t even read this thread because the subject line sucked so bad.

Quite resistible.

sad…

I have done it. I kept failing until one day I figured out this one thing that makes them easy.

You make everyone blink at the same time, then tell them they just missed it?

any one try it on a trampoline??

ts like those things that people could probably do but ev ery one is to scared to try

Its like saying ‘I will try a unispin off a 6 ft ledge and see how many time I can spin it round.’

[edit] And if anyone can do it trev is probaly the closest. His dismounts are 'da bomb

i tried jumping on my trampoline with my unicycle, i just wanted to practice some tricks on it.
it didnt work well. its really hard to jump on a trampoline with a unicycle.

as for this flip thing…i think it is possible.

it would lead into a whole new type of uni…unicyle parkour…that would be sick.

its def possible … ill try it soon … when i feel like getting hurt, but ill get it recorded so that you will KNOW if I land it

I know of one guy who has done it. I don’t think I am supposed to say anything about it though.

This is another surefire way to get a thread hopping! I think it’s already too late for not saying anything about it!

All right, I’m in, sucky subject line and all.

1. I have unicycled on a few trampolines, including some old-school Olympic-type ones. It’s always hard to get going, but once you get enough bounce to make adjustments, it’s not hard at all. To bounce. But to do flips you need a lot of time, because your mass is strung out in a long line. You can’t tuck with a unicycle (or can you?).
    http://www.unicycling.com/things/index.htm#21

2. Like many of us, I’ve gone off a few diving boards (into water) on unicycles. Usually wheel first, or separating from the uni in mid-air. Once I remember trying to rotate into a head-first diving position with the unicycle. But the extra weight, down below my feet, just didn’t want to rotate in the short time I had off a regular backyard diving board. Smack!

To rotate with any kind of speed, you’ll need to figure out a way to tuck. Maybe SIF, which saves you from having to find the pedals?

SIF cliff jumping…the only problem is recovering the unicycle… With SIF, you can tuck the wheel up to you closely, and off of a cliff you just have to fall forward to do a front flip. One of the problems, besides recovering the uni, is making sure you get the right rotation, becuase landing wrong off of a cliff into water can shatter bone.

I said that =p tried it, almost landed it, but slipped backwords as one foot didnt make it on the pedal right lol, it hurt kinda bad but i just kept riding, then was sore the next day =p

This Monday, I will be going to a highschool to pickup a friend, but at the highschool, they have a nice track\field, and off to the side of the track, are the mats they use for polefault, and by the mats is a scaffold that is about 6-7feet high.

I few days ago i have climbed up on it and jumped off, landing on the mats just for fun, but come this Monday, i will be practicing frontflips from the scaffold onto the mats, i believe i can do this, ive already done some practice of getting the rotation, and from jumping off a curb i can land on my back, landing on a used bed mattress that is =p going flat onto pavement would hurt too bad.

I’m hoping that no coaches or kids will be there using the mats, or else im gonna have to hold off my flipping practice for another day :frowning: or maybe i could talk them into letting me use the one mat and scaffold :stuck_out_tongue:

Even if im landing on a mat, at least ill land it, right? Im gonna try to get my practices on camera too, so i can post them here later, but the only camera i have is from a friend who can ride a uni, but has recently told us he just wanted to learn how to ride and isnt interested in learning to do trials or street or progress any further than just being able to ride. So he isnt to excited about anything unicycling now, so i might not be able to get the camera, but either way, im gonna be climbing the scaffold and flipping off it =p

Wish me luck!

[QUOTE=koebwil]
On paper it seems simple. so does a backflip on a motoX bike. A backflip takes, more than anything, balls.
no falls no balls

i reckon if you landed it really bad, you could really hurt your testicles