Any more for Sleepless in the Saddle race? Grovel grovel.

Tue was trying to convince me to be a pair with him but I resisted… really not a good idea on my first attempt at a 24-hour race I don’t think :astonished:

Rob

You’re quite right. It would be silly.

But then you’re talking about entering a mountain bike race on a damn fool silly circus bike - of course it’s daft. Why not go the whole way and be properly silly. You can learn night riding while you’re there - it doesn’t get dark instantly!

I’ll camp with the unicyclists, but my university are also sending a bike team, and it might be nice to say hello to them. Sadly getting those two different sets of people camping in the same place may be about as likely as starting a ride on time at a muni weekend.

John

Thanks for sorting out the numbers Sam. I take it that it will be Des, Paul, Rob and me on the 4 person team.? Tue

What?! You’re not there to enjoy it, dammit! If you’re not riding, eating pasta or sleeping you’re on the turbo trainer. Right?

Tch. Younguns today, eh…

Phil

Rob: Silly in a very relative concept. I’d definitely say go for it as a pair if you want. The worst that can happen (if the others from the otherwise four-person team are also ok with pairing it) is that you feel so drained you have to both have a break at the same time… a virtual team-mate if you will. But having only two of you on each team lets you do as much riding as possible which can surely only be a good thing. :slight_smile: I’m sure you and Tue would make a formidable pair. And yes, you can learn night riding on the job. It’s just the same, only darker.

Though we are still one person short AFAIK. Des can’t make it, so there are still only the five of us. Come on - anyone who’s lurking this thread… it’ll be fun! (…is anyone feeling a little worried at the urgent persistance of these claims - ‘fun, really, yes, honest’). I’ll add my tu’pence: the two Mountain Mayhems I’ve done have easily been the most fun, challenging and all-round satisfying muni experiences to date.

Sam

Bummer - I hadn’t heard that. Tue has been trying to persuade somebody he knows to come with us, but I spoke to him a couple of hours ago and we thought we had enough people already. I’ll let him know to carry on with the persuading.

Rob

The list of riders so far are on the other thread

Keep on persuading guys.
Steve