Any Coloradans out there?

Tomorrow! In Denver! Weekly meeting of The Wizard’s Chest Juggling and Unicycling Club. We meet every Saturday from 12 until 2 and sometimes later. We have 6 unicycles for community use, and riders of all skill levels. We started primarily as a juggling club, but are very unicycle-heavy right now. Average attendance is around 20 people.

All are welcome!

Matt Long.

I emailed you my cell number. After paying your entry fee stay to the right, start up the hill and it’s the picnic area on your left. The map shows it as two small rectangles on either side of the road labeled “Picnic area” – it’s the Southern of the two (left heading up the hill). We can’t make reservations so who knows where we’ll end up but we’re shooting for picnic areas in the 33-36 range.

Roak

Colorado in June? Bring a bathing suit and a down jacket. You think I’m kidding, don’t you?

Denver nights in the 50s, days in the 80s as a guess. YMMV.

Roak

I am in the denver area, I am at denver skatepark all the time on my uni.

Buy the book “Road Biking Colorado: The Statewide Guide” by Michael Seeberg (see http://www.roadbikingcolorado.com).

When I tour in the Rockies in the summer, I bring everything from shorts to a wool sweater and winter gloves. When I tour on the plains, I bring the same. I’ve used every piece of clothing on almost every trip.

Woodward is awesome! We oughta get together for a ride sometime.

Unicycle club was a huge success today! Close to 20 people, 5 pizzas, 1 watermelon, 7.5 gallons of water, all over an 8 hour span! Would love to see some of you folks out there next week!

12pm-2pm (and sometimes later) at Fillmore Plaza (on Fillmore st. between 1st and 2nd) every Saturday. Completely free!

I am “Hopeful” to make that in a week or two.!!

Props to Roakey and everyone who made the Muniac-fest such a great time!
Trip report with pictures here:

Just a reminder that unicycle club is meeting tomorrow from 12-2 at Fillmore Plaza (2nd and Fillmore in Denver) even though there’s a “big benefit concert” going on at the same time.

Hey CO munis!

I posted this in another thread (and then used the Search), :roll_eyes: so I figured I should move my query over here.

I’m going to be in Denver and/or Fort Collins on the Friday, July 31st and Saturday the 1st (7/31/09 - 8/01/09). Anyone interested in leading a muni ride to show off the trails I’ve heard so much about in CO? I’ve never been to CO, but I’ve seen video of some beautiful single track and was hoping someone on the forum would be interested in going for a ride.

Feel free to respond here of PM me.

Colorado is amazing for cycling. A few too many serious road bicyclists though. I loved bicycle touring there, just got back yesterday, and after doing a few of the awesome passes (loveland, squaw, shrine, mt evans) on two wheels, I would love to go back sometime and do them all on one.

I now want to move to CO, I loved Boulder.

No, Colorado really pretty much sucks for cycling. Air is thin, mountains block the view, and then, all those women in Boulder?. I think they just closed to borders to new cyclists, sorry Siafirede:)

Cruiser ride in Golden This Tuesday 7-28-09
Meet at Woody’s pizza 5:30, ride starts at 7:00

Perfect ride for the intermediate or beginner rider.
They cruise around Golden’s bike paths. Maybe 4 or 5 miles top. Easy ride, lots of fun, great for a 36er or 24" or anything in-between.

I like this ride because you can win faboulous prizes, ride with a beverage, rolling music, cool cruiser bikes, art bikes, good vibe.Cruiser bikes are easy to keep up with. 200+ riders last month. Great after party!!

Hey look, an old thread! Wished I had seen it earlier.

–anyway, add me to the Colorado MUni people list. :slight_smile:

I’m in a little town just outside of Canon City, off Highway 115.

Muni ride alert sunday nov 15

Rolandismo is in Denver on business and we are planning on riding late morning, early afternoon this Sunday. I think Siafirede (James) will be joining us as well. Lets hope the weather holds! I was thinking about starting from the lower half of White Ranch around 11:30. Anyone else?

damn, my daughter has hockey so I can’t make it, have fun:)

I’m in!
Is this Muni or should we bring the 36ers??

:slight_smile:

Muni.

http://www.trailcentral.com/trail/trail_info.php?trail=98

Bump.

Any plans for a plan-B?
Sounds like the trails may be a bit wet on Sunday?