Another trail bites the dust...

I went out today for a ride since it was a sunny and a slightly warm day from what we had been experiencing (went out yesterday in the pouring rain, was drenched but it was fun, first time riding in the rain for me). I had hiked on this trail before but never rode unicycle on it. It is a pretty good trail for hiking, I’ve seen bike tires on the trails years ago, the trails have good paths, good hills, and were fun to hike, so I was looking forward to my first ride at this trail. I got there and there it was…the dreaded sign “No bicycles on trials”. :angry: I sat for a while trying to figure out if I should be bad and just say well it isn’t a bike, the sign didn’t say “pedestrian only”, it said no bikes (trying to justify, lol) :thinking: I was considering going for it or if I should just turn around and obey what I knew to be basically the same thing. :roll_eyes: While I was briefly sitting there a town truck went past so I kind of figured that they might patrol the trails. I tried to seek the guys out to see if they cared if I rode. :astonished: but I couldn’t find them so to make a long story shorter I ended up leaving and not riding. Kind of bummed and thought I would vent, because seriously this trial is probably one of the longer better trails in our area without having to drive 60 to 90 miles at least that I know of and that isn’t just flat or half crushed stone, besides the small trails I frequent presently. :angry: Thanks for reading. :frowning:

Which trail is it?

I’ve recently started riding in a county owned park in my town. (Webster Park) It has “No Bicycles” signs. I turned away the first time too.

On a different forum, colin340 pointed this out:

According to the New York State codes, “bicycle” is defined as:

§ 102. Bicycle. Every two or three wheeled device upon which a person or persons may ride, propelled by human power through a belt, a chain or gears, with such wheels in a tandem or tricycle, except that it shall not include such a device having solid tires and intended for use only on a sidewalk by pre-teenage children.

As far as I see, “bicycle” is NOT redefined in my county codes (Monroe County codes) or my local codes (Webster Town codes), so I figure the state definition is THE definition.
At least that’s what my logic will be if anyone wants to challenge my riding.
I printed the definition and keep it with me when I ride.
But no one has questioned me yet.