Another Torker lx question

I’ve been looking through the forums and can’t find an answer to this. What can the Torker LX 06 stand up to? I learned to ride when I was younger and still can but only foward and turning. I want to get better but also do some muni. I’m a Clemson student so I’m on a very minimal budget. I know I should buy the DX but can’t afford it. Should the LX hold up pretty well?

I got a Torker LX for Christmas because I wanted to get back on a uni after a long break. Up till today it’s been great… but today was the first time I tried anything close to muni… It held up fine to a few hops and dropping off a curb or three… but going downhill and smacking a root on the trail proved too much. The axle bent and twisted.

To be fair, I weigh 220 on a good day, so I’m no lightweight.

I’m shopping for something a little more durable… if you’re just going to ride around the street or a school campus, I say its hard to beat the value of the LX. But for the more extreme stuff, you’re gonna want something beefier.

Thanks for the tip. I think I’m gonna have to go with one considering my budget. I’ll see how that goes and probably end up riding the hell out of it but I’ll get my money’s worth

It’s held up for me fine, except the seat bracket bent. I was jumping off maybe a 2 foot drop, messed up on the take off, so I tried to jump off. Well, I didn’t get the uni out form under me in time. I landed squarely on the seat, wiht no feet on the pedals. I tried it once more and did the same thing. So I put it up for a while and I go inside, and I noticed that the seat is tilted way forward. so we took it to the bike shop and they just put it in a vice and bent it back. they said the warrenty wont cover it unless it is broke. next time it happens, it’s coming back broke! don’t worry though, just land on the pedals and it should be fine for casual riding.

I have had mine for a while. And I take it off five footers. Im only 100 lbs though. I havn’t had a problem yet I think I have had it since feburary. I love the seat. I use min for mainly trials. I got a double walled rim off my buddy and was riding a creepy crawler now I’m on the kenda kinetics which is a awsome all round tyre.

it’s a great uni and can hold up to tons,
as far as I know, these are the pros and cons…

pros-

inexpensive,
looks nice,
flat crown,
double bolt allen seat clamp,
seat with handle,

cons-

uncomfortable seat,
frame is a little bit wide(you might hit your knees)
bad seatpost,

I am looking to get one of these so if I replace the seat and post with good ones will this make it an all around good cycle?

yea, then It would be really good. also, for stand up tricks you might want a single bolt seat clamp, but thats up to you. I suggest getting the nimbus gel seat from UDC. They are great. any fairly light/strong 25.4 seatpost that fits KH seats should be perfect.

Is the seatpost just weak? Or is something else wrong with it?

Don’t get a 26" If you want to do drops at all. I bent my axle doing an 18" drop. I weigh 170 lbs. I think it was mainly because it was with the standard 170mm cranks. Since they are longer, there is more torque actiong on the axle, therefor more bending/breaking. I’ve never had any problems though hopping off curbes and stuff with my roommate’s 24" LX. It has a little shorter cranks. Or if you want the big wheel you could buy some 150mm cranks for it. They are only $12 on unicycle.com. You would need a crank puller tool as well. I think the shorter cranks are more practicle anyway, unless you want to climb steep hills.

the seatpost 1: is weak
2: doesn’t fit Kris Holm and nimbus gel seats.

can you get links to the seat post and seat that you think I should get

Don’t do that until you try out the LX seat. You may like it and then you wont have to wast $60+ on a new seat and seat post. (I say this because I actually prefer the LX seat over the Kris Holm one)

Also, if you really feel the need for a more comfy seat for distance then you could try to convert the LX seat into an airseat, tutorial here: http://www.unicycling.org/airseat. (That tutorial is for the miyata seat, but is the same as the LX) It may cost less to do this instead and will be just as comfortable, if not more.

their is nothing wrong with the lx seat post. i rode with it for around 4 months of hard core riding and have never had a problem. the only problem with the seat is that the stiffener plate is a peice of junk. for 10 bucks you can get an even better stiffener plate.

for 20-30 bucks you can get a whole better seat, cuz pretty much all torker seats suck majorly

Your gonna be getting a new uni, dont buy upgrades right off the bat, I enjoy the LX seat a lot, its pretty much a replica of a Miyata, and people love those. It has a thin profile which makes SIF good, the handle is ok and is cheaply upgradable if you ever want to.

Just wait a while to ride it, give it a month or two before you decide if you want to go upgrading seat components.

i love my lx seat and i have some nice seats but the aren’t as thin and I love the this seat. right now I am thinking about making it an air seat and then it would be really nice. it is almost exactly like a Miyata. why do you think you can buy the same thing for them and they fit to the same parts

i love my lx seat and i have some nice seats but the aren’t as thin and I love the this seat. right now I am thinking about making it an air seat and then it would be really nice. it is almost exactly like a Miyata. why do you think you can buy the same thing for them and they fit to the same parts

well i have one and i have some bumos and what not in my farm and i been riding down hills and jumping off of stuff. i wiegh 180 so im not to light but i think its a good uni allround.

all torker seats pretty much are bad exept for the DX seats. they are pretty much the same as KH seats and they are good.