another muni faclift

its done,the Profile now has a 24 by 3 wheel in it.i was supprized it fit.since the forks taper going down,the smaller wheel made it possible.i still need to squeeze the fork legz though,just to be sure cauze its so close.

the Alex rim is nice and at 40$ its a real bargin.black spokes are so sexy on that polished Profile hub

the 3.0 tire feels like i’m cheating.Another issue is the weight,my muni is alot lighter now.the side wallz on a sun dbl. wide are 3 times as thick compared to an Alex and the width is almost a half inch thiner.

245mm spoke lenth works fine for DT 14/15/14 double butted spokes(in 4 cross)

its definatly not as fast as a 26 inch but on the trail its way eazier to get going in a bad spot. my cranks feel an inch longer too.

Hi Jagur,

>its definatly not as fast as a 26 inch but on the trail its way >eazier to get going in a bad spot. my cranks feel an inch longer >too.

Just wondering what the difference in rolling-distance would be between your 24x3.0 vs 26X2.6. I take it you were using Gazz tyres for both?

Couldn’t find any rolling distance (ie circumference) measurements anywhere on this forum. Could work it out but won’t be as accurate.

Ken

Do I need to ask?

you could but the only one i have is a Pentax K-1000

i knew i should have logged it all ,but i did’nt.i know im going slower now on the flat pavement.i’d say it’s about 3 to 4 inches of a loss going to a 24