It has been 4 yrs since I’ve bought a 20 inch freestyle, but I only managed to master free mounting recently. Only with my right leg down at that.
I could only practice during the weekends ever since, so I’d like to buy another unicycle to practice during the weekdays.
- My general athletic ability is mediocre at best, and the fact that I've managed to freemount at all is surprising.
- This purchase might rectify the situation though, as practice time will easily double(4days/week) or even triple(6days/week)
- I have no intention to climb or descend from a mountain in the foreseeable future. My skill, health, and attitude simply does not allow this.
- I'd like to ride around campus, so the unicycle should be able to handle flat concrete/dirt paved roads, short uphill/downhill roads, about 5km around campus.
- I'd like to do tricks like wheel walking or be able to comfortably commute around campus or both
- 24 inches is my upper limit because I seriously doubt my eventual ability to mount anything larger.
- Safety is Paramount
The options I have been considering, in order of preference.
24 inch Muni
All around uni. Sturdy.
24 inch Freestyle/street
Easier for tricks?
Slower? Less durable?
20 inch Freestyle
Easiest of all(+since I already ride one)
A more consistent experience/practice
Not any faster.
What’s the fun in having another of the same?
Can you help me choose? Please do not hesitate to offer your advice, or to ask me anything.