An odd request

This is an odd request, but does anyone have a video of themselves idling? I just want to see exactly what it looks like, hopefully it will help me.
Also, when I’m idling, I fall either to the right or to the left. I can balance perfectly when it comes to forward and backward, but not right and left. how can I improve this?

It’s always seemed that when I fall left or right while idling it’s because I’m not putting equal amounts of pressure on the pedals. So if you feel yourself falling to the left put a bit more pressure on the right. And it also sometimes helped me to slightly twist to the side I was falling on to regain your balance.

Dorian

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/cokertricksters

This album has some idling. Hope this helps.

That worked pretty well, Dorian, hopefully I’ll be able to idle soon.
And those videos were helpful too.

when i idle i prefer to keep my right foot down with most or all of my weight on it, and my left foot moves the left pedal forwards and backwards. you have to lean to the left, and i find it also helps to ark your tire as you idle (see figure 1). but that’s just me. i’m sure that it’s a very wierd way to idle, but what works works. i can idle for long periods at a time, so… whatever works for you!

matt

figure 1
/
/
| ark to the right because most of my wieght is there

\

Re: An odd request

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 21:10:54 -0500, James_Potter
<James_Potter.m277n@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>Also, when I’m idling, I fall either to the right or to the left. I can
>balance perfectly when it comes to forward and backward, but not right
>and left. how can I improve this?

In idling, you should twist in much the same way as how you keep from
falling sideways during normal forward riding. You twist the unicycle
to ride the support point back under you. Keep in mind that in the
backwards stroke of idling, and in continuous backwards riding too,
you have to twist in the other direction. This can be confusing at
first. Don’t think too much about it though, but practice practice
practice.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“I’m not tense, just terribly, terribly alert.”

Hei

When I idle, although i am have not mastered it, I sometimes find myself going in the shape of this ( when i go forward and backward. Is that just something that i need to work on to not do it?