Alex DX32 rim

Anybody know where I can get an Alex DX32 rim? Unicycle.com hasn’t been able to get them, but John said that if I send one to him, he will get my wheel made with it.

the only place I’ve found that sells them on the web is www.airbomb.com , and they only have them in 26in (I’m looking for a 24in).

www.alexrims.com doesn’t help at all, and I’ve called a whole bunch of bike stores in the area, and none of them could get one.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Ben Plotkin-Swing

P.S.

If I can’t get an alex rim, does anybody have opinions on the Sun Doublewide verse the Avro Zum?

I’m using a KH24 frame, but I’m not going to have a brake right away. I might get one someday, though

Sun Doublewide. I’ve riden Sun rims for 4+ years and love them.

the Sun rims have a pinchflat resistant sidewall(that worked for me twice,i could’nt belive my tire did’nt go pop)i’m not sure if the Zum has one. i hear the Zum is lighter.i’m gonna wait till the reveiws hit here on the group cause they are still new to me.i guess they are just black with no zum logo or anything,that seems weird to me.every rim these days has a big flashing logo on it, not that i want one.the Zum just seems blank…maybe we could get a reveiw here soon?________-its got a better braking wall too.

Ben,

The Alex DX32 rim is in fact the rim commissioned by Onza for their
20x2.5" trials bike which is why Alex might not be too familiar with it.
Try looking for Onza or use a Monty rim that has a slightly deeper
section and although less well finished on detailed look is probably
stronger. I can get John the rim without too much of a problem if it is
that actual rim that you want. Give John another call in a bit and he can
quote you a price.

Roger


The UK’s Unicycle Source http://www.unicycle.uk.com


“Ben Plotkin-Swing” <forum.member@unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:a0vm7s$5aq$1@laurel.tc.umn.edu
> Anybody know where I can get an Alex DX32 rim? Unicycle.com hasn’t been
> able to get them, but John said that if I send one to him, he will get
> my wheel made with it.
>
> the only place I’ve found that sells them on the web is www.airbomb.com
> , and they only have them in 26in (I’m looking for a 24in).
>
> www.alexrims.com doesn’t help at all, and I’ve called a whole bunch of
> bike stores in the area, and none of them could get one.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Ben Plotkin-Swing
>
> P.S.
>
> If I can’t get an alex rim, does anybody have opinions on the Sun
> Doublewide verse the Avro Zum?
>
> I’m using a KH24 frame, but I’m not going to have a brake right away. I
> might get one someday, though
>
>
>
>
> –
> Ben Plotkin-Swing Posted via the Unicyclist Community -
> http://unicyclist.com/forums

If you think you’ll ever use a brake, I recommend going with the Zum. They
are great. We also had no luck in getting the DX32, but luckily
unicycle.com has the Zum.

—Nathan

“Ben Plotkin-Swing” <forum.member@unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:a0vm7s$5aq$1@laurel.tc.umn.edu
> Anybody know where I can get an Alex DX32 rim? Unicycle.com hasn’t been
> able to get them, but John said that if I send one to him, he will get
> my wheel made with it.
>
> the only place I’ve found that sells them on the web is www.airbomb.com
> , and they only have them in 26in (I’m looking for a 24in).
>
> www.alexrims.com doesn’t help at all, and I’ve called a whole bunch of
> bike stores in the area, and none of them could get one.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Ben Plotkin-Swing
>
> P.S.
>
> If I can’t get an alex rim, does anybody have opinions on the Sun
> Doublewide verse the Avro Zum?
>
> I’m using a KH24 frame, but I’m not going to have a brake right away. I
> might get one someday, though
>
>
>
>
> –
> Ben Plotkin-Swing Posted via the Unicyclist Community -
> http://unicyclist.com/forums

I have just realised it is the 24" you are wanting not the Monty style
one, so this wont help. Oh well, it was worth a try.

Roger


The UK’s Unicycle Source http://www.unicycle.uk.com


“Roger Davies” <Roger@unicycle.uk.com> wrote in message
news:xOKY7.34649$ll6.5148701@news6-win.server.ntlworld.com
> Ben,
>
> The Alex DX32 rim is in fact the rim commissioned by Onza for their
20x2.5"
> trials bike which is why Alex might not be too familiar with it. Try
> looking for Onza or use a Monty rim that has a slightly deeper section
> and although less well finished on detailed look is probably stronger.
> I can get John the rim without too much of a problem if it is that
> actual rim
that
> you want. Give John another call in a bit and he can quote you a price.
>
> Roger
> __________________________
>
> The UK’s Unicycle Source http://www.unicycle.uk.com
> __________________________
> “Ben Plotkin-Swing” <forum.member@unicyclist.com> wrote in message
> news:a0vm7s$5aq$1@laurel.tc.umn.edu
> > Anybody know where I can get an Alex DX32 rim? Unicycle.com hasn’t
> > been able to get them, but John said that if I send one to him, he
> > will get my wheel made with it.
> >
> > the only place I’ve found that sells them on the web is
> > www.airbomb.com , and they only have them in 26in (I’m looking for a
> > 24in).
> >
> > www.alexrims.com doesn’t help at all, and I’ve called a whole bunch
> > of bike stores in the area, and none of them could get one.
> >
> > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Ben Plotkin-Swing
> >
> > P.S.
> >
> > If I can’t get an alex rim, does anybody have opinions on the Sun
> > Doublewide verse the Avro Zum?
> >
> > I’m using a KH24 frame, but I’m not going to have a brake right away.
> > I might get one someday, though
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > –
> > Ben Plotkin-Swing Posted via the Unicyclist Community -
> > http://unicyclist.com/forums

I have an Alex DX32, (20") and so far it’s been pretty good, it’s flexed a
few times when i was gapping some steps but it hasn’t tacoed yet… It has
passed the one week mark, but unfortunately my cranks have not… later.

)—(x) Dylan Wallinger Keep Riding
http://www.extremeunicycling-bcmat.cityslide.com

Stop breaking stuff or get the Pon. hub, axle, crank combo from Profile.

trust me, i would but i dont have any money…

)—(x) Dylan Wallinger Keep Riding
http://www.extremeunicycling-bcmat.cityslide.com

Your breaking of equipment has inspired me to buy the best stuff the first time around.

that’s the way to go… when i first got into unicycling i didn’t know
about all of this great stuff that’s available…

keep on keepin on