Alberta Trials 2007

Wow.:smiley:

When i heard that danni was putting on a trials comp at his place for the first time i was pumped. This was my first time ever going to an organized unicycle meet/competition, and i loved it. I expected the lines to just be pallates stacked up all over the place with a few 2x4ā€™s between them for skinnies, but boy was i wrong! Huge props to Danni (:wink: ) for building an awesome course that must have taken weeks to complete, and for competing despite a recently broken arm :astonished: .

We had 15 lines to complete, with 3 attempts per line, and often enough it took all three trys to nail a section. The skinnies were insane! there were several ā€œSā€ shaped skinnies that were a ton of fun as well as three teeterā€™s, a ladder, an A-frame, and tons of other goodies too good to mention.

There was not a huge turnout, four of us competed, but i think this helped for people to get to know eachother better than if there had been dozens of competetors. I am glad I had the chance to meet Matt, Sol, and Dan. All great guys hope to ride with you again in the future!:smiley:

Ps. I was amazed at how Matt was able to get through some of the tighter areas on his 24"! Good Job!!!:slight_smile:

woahā€¦that looks like funā€¦

Thats awesome. The course looks like a lot of fun.

here is one of the curved skinnies

danni4.JPG

that course looks like its been made real well, i wish i was there it looks awesome :smiley:

those logs look like they would be awesome for any courseā€¦

:astonished: Looks Fun:)

Yeah, the comp was awesome, Danni did an amazing job and was tons of fun with just the four of usā€¦ Supposedly there was supposed to be closer to 15 riders(?), and itā€™s too bad cuz they really missed out.

Perhaps the most amazing thing is that Danni managed to complete the most lines of anyone even with a broken arm. And that included nearly 24" side hops and a couple drops at least 3 feet high. (it was his hopping hand that was broken) Iā€™d really like to see him ride when the limbs are at 100% :smiley:

mee too:)

Just got home from May long.

COMP RESULTS!

14 lines of Intermediate/Expert

1st Place: Mad-ass Matt (madmattunipro) with 10/14
2nd Place: James (uni_jim) with 7/14
3rd Place: Solomon with 7/14

James won the tie-breaking section.
I am about to write some very rude emails to all the royal fawks who didnā€™t show up.

good on you!:smiley:

Sorry, I had exams and needed to revise for those. But I wouldā€™ve come if I knew what kind of course you were making. Very well done!

Itā€™s good to hear that at least you guys had fun.

Some guy thought it was June 19th, the other hasnā€™t replied after three days, and one told me to ā€œBlow my rectum across the universeā€.

He wonā€™t be invited.

LOL I wish I could have gotten to your house, but thanks to a work related time issue I couldnt get there.and my mom wouldnt want to drive me all the way to your cabin. O well I still got to ride most the lines (not in the comp though) next one iā€™ll be there though.

Danni, although you were supposed to be in the expert division instead of intermediate, I think you could still put yourself on that standings list. After all, you completed more lines with a broken arm than any of the rest of us did with no injuries.

But you can bet Iā€™ll be at the next oneā€¦ 24 and all.:smiley:

I will be in Alberta next week for the whole summer, Any of you guys close to westlock alberta? We can get together somewhere for a ride!

thats awsome james is my buddie and says theirs another comp there and im gonna go with him so if you go my names hunter maybe youll see me i prob wont compete though just ride around:(