Ahoy from Czechia

What’s your name?
Vit
Where do you come from?
Prague, Czechia
What is your experience of unicycling?
I’m a newb, just after 8th day of training (9.6 hours in total).

I got into unicycling as a way to somehow find an alternative exercise/training activity after the gyms in Czechia got closed again due to COVID. I bought a cheapo cheap used 20"er for like 15 $ and vowed to practice 6 hours a week until the gyms are reopened. It broke couple of days ago as it was of a low quality and the grooving of the left crank was already badly damaged by previous use. So I bought new 24" trainer to learn on.

So far I managed to go just a few meters in one go, my personal best is like 6.5 meters or so. I hope I’ll get the hang of it soon, though I bet I’ll be cruising around the neighborhood until the current pandemic is over.

10 Likes

Good stuff. Welcome :slight_smile:

An hour a day on a unicycle is great exercise and great fun. I’ve gone down two notches on my belt since I started riding 3 months ago.

Welcome to the forum! There are lots of other unicyclists around Prague. Do you already know the Prague Unicycle Hockey Team?

Regular persistence! Have fun!

3 Likes

Yes!

3 Likes

Go @VitR!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.