AE bike

Yea…there goes AE’s business from unicyclists

:slight_smile:

I was totally joking. I didn’t mean any harm or point any fingers at anyone for anything, just a wise-ass making a joke…

Anyway, looks like we may still have the hookup… :slight_smile:

Price Collusion

I totally feel that AEbikes was strong amed here. They seem like a very honest LBS. I have to disagree with what John Foss said “that they are finally learning the retailing business.” AEbikes have been around the block and have been a bike retaitler for quite some time. They know thier business. I really admire Kris Holm but am disapointed in what he has done here. I feel that this totally cancels out his “1% for the planet” and other good deeds. Earlier I posted that once KH sells to a dealler the price at what the dealler sells should be none of his business and it does not effect his profits. The fact that AEbikes has to advertise the price at exaclty the same price as UDC sucks ass big time and maybe there actually is a great court case here. Also I posted the price comparisons between Unicycle.com, AEbikes and Municycle.com. As you can see below Roland from MDC sells his KHs at prices closer to AEb than UDC! If he can do it then why can’t UDC with thier bigger business. This move is definitely going to hurt KH sales in the long run. KH manufactures the best unicycle but I will repair my current ones or look for second hand ones before I buy a new one at the current UDC price. I would even order from MDC and pay the higher shipping than order from UDC!

XXX -AEb -MDC -UDC
KH20 $363 $444 $499
KH24 $417 $478 $575
KH29 $435 $500 $599

Unicorn

This just about means I will never be buying a kh:) … I commend AE for wiping out there business from unicyclist:) and if it wasn’t them who decided the price change that sucks… I’ll just go koxx or custom(whcih is what i am doing!:D)… but yeah…

Anyone intrested in a good deal on a KH

Should read this thread from product reviews.

Kris posted, and also a Rep from AE Bike. :sunglasses:

And check this out. This is from UDC US. You can buy a radial 360, AND a numbus 36 frame, and have BOTH frames and a complete 36er for LESS than the price of just the nimbus 36 alone! Here’s proof: The standard radial 360 is $339. Add $120 more for the nimbus frame and you have a total of $459! (both radial and nimbus standard 36 have exactly the same wheelset)

Now you have a complete 36er and TWO frames! Compare this with the cost of just the nimbus 36er at $515. The first way is not only $56 cheaper, but you get BOTH frames as well. Very odd pricing system UDC has, for sure. :thinking:

is someone getting a coker?

Wow! Geezer is right

I just checked. So the regular nimbus is overpriced ? :thinking:

Waaaaay! Same thing with the deluxe. The radial deluxe is now $424, (thanks to me calling and pointing out the error) and the nimbus deluxe is $580. They both have identical wheelsets, so the only difference is the frame. If you buy the radial Dx at $424, then buy the extra nimbus frame at $120, that totals $544!

The nimbus dx alone is a whopping $580, or $38 more. The cheaper way gives you both frames! Now try this in reverse! Buy the nimbus dx at $580, then add the cost of the radial frame. I don’t know how much that is, but you could be certain it would jack up the total to well over $625! Just do the math. UDC should correct this mess, and do it without RAISING prices! :sunglasses:

Waaaaay! Same thing with the deluxe. The radial deluxe is now $424, (thanks to me calling and pointing out the error; it was previously $489!) and the nimbus deluxe is $580. They both have identical wheelsets, so the only difference is the frame. If you buy the radial Dx at $424, then buy the extra nimbus frame at $120, that totals $544! You’ll have both frames and the Nimbus/radial deluxe (airfoil) wheelset!

The nimbus dx alone is a whopping $580, or $38 more. The cheaper way gives you both frames! Now try this in reverse! Buy the nimbus dx at $580, then add the cost of the radial frame. I don’t know how much that is, or if it’s even available separately, but you could be certain it would jack up the total to well over $625! Just do the math. UDC should correct these confusing price conflicts, and do it without RAISING prices! :sunglasses:

That is WHACK! :astonished:

Yep. Surprises me that nobody but me (apparently) noticed these out-of-whack pricing conflicts–or at least pointed it out on this forum. At least I haven’t seen the post(s). Consumer advocates Unite!:smiley: :sunglasses: :):stuck_out_tongue: And let me be clear; I like UDC fine, but if there are obvious discrepencies in pricing, it would be just plain stupid to ignore it. I don’t know any body who wants to be overcharged! And as Amy told me, sometimes they simply make mistakes in pricing, and they correct them when they find them. Hopefully, this will also be corrected asap.

My only gripe with UDC is they seem to have some stiff shipping charges.

Really? You don’t have a problem with the pricing problems mentioned above? No gripe there? :thinking:

Really? You don’t have a problem with the pricing problems mentioned above? No gripe there? There’s my point; if nobody cares, the problem won’t be corrected, or likely won’t be.

thanks for doing the detective work, terry! sounds awfully fishy on their part, agreed…sounds like there’s more stuff to be fixed before I feel completely comfortable ordering coker parts from them :roll_eyes:

I care, but I realize there isn’t much I can do except accept it. This is just KH Cycles setting their retail prices and making sure retailers follow them. It happens all over place with all types of goods. It sucks for us, but they are just reaping their benefit from “supply and demand”, and hopefully it means they will stay in busines and provide a quality product and good support. I just wish UDC would take some of the LARGE profit they are taking on the KHs and offer reasonable shipping charges… Hey maybe even FREE shipping on your new UNI (now that we have an idea of what they make on one of those).

No problem man! Hey, get your coker going so you can join us on the big weekend rides!

Me, thisguyiknow, vivalargo, Josh schoolcraft (who had to quit early due to an injured hamstring) did a nice 20 miler today along the beach bike path! I took a nasty spill after two guys on bikes collided, and i was clipped by one of them…down I went! :astonished: But it was much more crowded today than usual for Father’s day.

If it were my money I would care

Terry geezer has pointed out a very interesting thing. Thank you.:slight_smile: UDC may have grown into such a big thing, that it’s actual owner, as opposed to it’s payroll people (who can’t be expected to care), has lost touch a bit. My guess is someone knew about Terry’s observation, but correctly guessed few would notice. :roll_eyes: It’s a maximize profits for the corp. on my managerial watch sort of thing, I speculate.:wink:
I kinda like udc anyway. I just ordered a bunch of stuff. For uni stuff they have the best selection. Not so bad prices in general. Shipping cost is normalish.
A E Bike is a cheaper shipper though.
I think it is unfortunate that Kris has apparently placed himself on the dark side of of this pricing question-marketing reality- profits thing.
He remains my hero. :slight_smile: Yet won’t it be fun to prove him wrong ?:smiley: How often can you show Kris something helpful ?
I suggest , and plan personally, to suggest to newbies on this forum who want to buy a KH grade uni, to read this thread, and contact AE Bike by email, about the “now secret price”. I think this Cullen guy is worth checking out. :smiley: If I understand correctly, he must advertise 500 $, but is likely to beat that price by 100$+ if you know to email and ask.
I love Kris :slight_smile: , and he has done so much for the sport. Yet I am quite sure he is wrong. :sunglasses: At least in the online savy internet purchaser segment of the market. He would sell a great many more KH’s at 360$, than at 500$. And help a great many more riders with his fantastically better unicycles. :smiley: