Action needed if you are using an @unicyclist.com email address

Back when I launched unicyclist.com I provided people to get an email address @unicyclist.com, both as a hosted imap/pop3 service and as a forwarding service. I will be switching everything to a forwarding service instead of hosting it on my own server and need to know who of you are still using the service, as the provider I am going to use does have a limit to the number of forwarding addresses I can use. Those of you that are using our imap hosted server will need to download all your messages either on a local mailbox on your computer or import it into a new provider, and let me know the email address to forward to. Please send me a private message here to let me know if you have one of these addresses you want to keep. I’m likely turning off my server for this and will switch things over at the end of October.

2 Likes

Not exactly related to your info, but people who were registered here with a non-working @unicyclist.com address email couldn’t connect to reset their password because of that (for an unknown reason, passwords migration didn’t work when I switched from vBulletin to Discourse). So, these people contacted me by email over time - I still have demands from time to time, even 2 years after the migration :slight_smile: - to have their user account address changed to another email provider.

1 Like