Acceptable words in this forum

The following words should be declared perfectly acceptable in this forum…

Bicycle
Bike
Biking
Mountainbike

As a unicyclist, especially if you are into MUni, if you have never tried a mountainbike, you are kidding yourself. Not saying that everyone has to like it, but if you are shunning it merely because you haven’t tried it, or think that it would be too easy because you’ve mastered one wheel, you’re missing out.

As fun as MUni is, you’ll never get the exhileration that can be had going down a trail at 60km/h, flying off ledges, dropoffs, jumps, bunny hopping over logs at incredible sppeds (as opposed to just hopping onto them) (I’m not saying the thrills on a Uni can’t be found on a bike, remember) There are trails (the boring ones for a bike) that are better than on a uni, but do yourself a favour, and at least go out and try it.

Having years of experience with both, (neither of them mastered, mind you) I would never give up one for the other.

Mountainbiking, depending on how much you are into it, can be just as technically challenging on a bike. I have even come across ups+downs that are easier on the uni than on the bike

Give it a chance.

(I goofed, I meant…there are thrills on a uni that can’t be found on a bike)

Wot you mean level 11?:smiley:

Otherwise agreed, the two are just as fun in different respects- MTBking for speed, MUni for low speed fun. I do both, but right now slightly more MUni than MTB because I’m training for a MTB race on a MUni.

Ken (I’m sorry I bleeped out bike) Looi

I level 11 all the time on my bike. Too bad my partener is generally the stem! :astonished:

Thanks, I’m glad someone said it. I must say I’ve come to prefer unicycling, but mountain biking is great. The fact that I love unicycling more doesn’t mean I like mountain biking less.

Andrew

Re: Acceptable words in this forum

Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say “bike” at will to unicyclists. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this period in history…

Phil, just me

Re: Re: Acceptable words in this forum

Ni! Ni! …er…I mean, Bike! Bike! Bike! Bike!

-Mike

>There is a pestilence upon this land

hehehe, that reminds me of that clown-killer-flash-animation, did everybody see
that? I think Jagur posted it…

Dylan

Perhaps, but Monty Python has sooooo much more class than the clown thingy. Oh, and also, Monty Python and the Holy Grail is the funniest/greatest film EVER! Hehehe…

-Mike

I have been considering this for sometime and it seems somewhat relevant to this thread.

To those of you who still mountain bike in addition to unicycling,

Do you find you can ride wheelies on your mtn bike better due to your unicycle skills?

I was tooling around on my mountain bike last weekend after a two year hiatus and found I could ride wheelies fairly well, the longest for about 100 yards. I seemed to like to have a finger on the rear brake and be in the middle chain ring/largest sprocket combination.

Sofa, you seem to be the most ardent mountain biker here, any thoughts on this?

Yes. My mono-ing ability has gone from about 110m to 130m since unicycling. I mono with two fingers on the brake lever (v-brakes). As for gears, I do better when I’m in 2nd on the front and 6th on the back (on a 24 gear bike). Although it’s harder, it gives you such a thrill when you mono in 3rd and 6th or even 3rd and 8th. Have you seen New World Disorder?

Andrew

“Dylan Wallinger” <extremeunicycler@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20021118211143.03090.00000060@mb-bd.aol.com
> >There is a pestilence upon this land
>
> hehehe, that reminds me of that clown-killer-flash-animation, did
everybody see
> that? I think Jagur posted it…

Ok, someone brought it up…

Another acceptable word is ‘Clown’.

Now, I’m not a fan of clowns, but I fail to see the need to dis them just
because some morons associate unicyclists with clowns. If you want to pick
on a clown, just show up at a rodeo and talk trash to a rodeo clown. Their
first priority is saving the cowboys hide (pun intended) and second priority
is comedy. Never mess with a rodeo clown.

Doug

Does half a mountain bike count?

I learned in the reverse order. Wheelies, then unicycles. Regardless of which one you are practicing, you are continuing to improve on a smooth, controlled cadence, which will help on the other. Good luck!

I can’t do a friggin’ wheelie to save my life! :angry:

I have honestly found that (to me) b*king (just kidding) and unicycling do not compliment each other at all.

I thought my bike balance would improve while riding the skinnies, or wheelies, but no. The wheelies are getting longer, but I consider that to be the continued practice, not the other one-wheeling.

Too bad.

i accept that all those words are totally acceptable on this forum
i never thought they were ‘ed out because thay weren’t
i thought it was just a cute lil’ quirky unicycling thing
as a matter of fact, i still do and will excersize my democratic right to continue to b
ke, bcyle and mountainbke my way thru discussions where these term can relevantly be used
i used to hang out on the africam site quite a bit and they used to stick a star in the middle of the word w*rk
u know, the stuff u do to get the paycheck
it’s nonsense, but it’s the kinda nonsense i like
and before we get too serious about ourselves, let’s remember why we are here?
:wink:

Every one has their right to their opinion, G*LD

>Every one has their right to their opinion, G*LD

to all the schoolkids reading this forum, that is eloquence!

somebody remind me to buy sofa a beer next time we meet

:smiley:

I’ll do all the reminding you need!

mmmmmm bike trial ------> very closely related to uni trials

anyone who does bike trials will know what i’m talkin’ bout

Re: Re: Acceptable words in this forum

Ok, someone brought it up…

Another acceptable word is ‘Clown’.

Now, I’m not a fan of clowns, but I fail to see the need to dis them just
because some morons associate unicyclists with clowns. If you want to pick
on a clown, just show up at a rodeo and talk trash to a rodeo clown. Their
first priority is saving the cowboys hide (pun intended) and second priority
is comedy. Never mess with a rodeo clown.
[/B]
[/QUOTE]

NO NO NO
Rodeo clowns perhaps - but we don’t have them in the UK

All the clowns I’ve ever known have been the most terrifyingly depressed maniacs I’ve ever met.

There is something odd about a man dressing up in a funny outfit to attract little kids.

I think we should ban all mention of musicals too.