ABC reality show, Master of Champions

I just saw a commercial for it too, the unicyclist who I am pretty sure is Dan was wearing a blue shirt and hat, and doing a twisting jump down from probably a 3 foot box. Also in the preview was fire juggling while playing Dance Dance Revolution.

Could you guys tell the color of the frame? Did it happen to be green with pink bearing caps?:slight_smile:

if it isnt somebody good then it will give unicycling a bad name…i wish unicyclists wouldnt go on tv at all cuz its gonna breed a lot of poser unicyclists who dont really love it…thats gonna suck bad. but i mean if its like dan or zack then i hope they do really good and stuff…i jsut wish whoever they are they wouldnt…probably alone there but w/e.

How terrible. When I got into this sport it was never on TV, nobody knew what it was, and even the best riders in the world you would probably think gave the sport a bad name. Somehow it survived.

Anyway, there was a conversation similar to this in another thread just a week or two ago. I’ll explain again for anyone that didn’t see that one:

THE AVERAGE NON-UNICYCLIST HAS NO IDEA WHAT IS HARD, WHAT ISN’T HARD, AND WHAT A “GOOD” RIDER LOOKS LIKE. MOST SEE LITTLE BEYOND THE FACT THAT THE RIDER IS ON ONE WHEEL AND NOT FALLING DOWN.

There is absolutely no danger of giving unicycling a “bad name” if a couple of Trials/Street riders do tricks that aren’t the hardest possible ones. Nearly anything they do, because they are dressed like normal people and showing cool skills, will have the effect of attracting some people to our sport. But as usual, most will look at it and think “I could never do that.”

Probably the worst thing they could do on that show, along Chosen’s line of thought, is be dressed (badly; rainbow wig, etc.) as clowns.

From ABC Medianet:

They’re already making it sound corny.

Regardless, it already has my viewership.

Dan Heaton is one of the riders for the show.

^yup he sent out a myspace think saying he was hear it is

Today is the day, who is going to record it? I don’t even think im going to be able to watch it. Hopefully someone will put it on here.
KH.

I cant watch it:(…No cable… Some one please record it for those of us who cannot watch, it seems interesting.

I am going to record it, because I won’t be home when it’s on, so anyway I’ll try to put it on the site and link to it later, I might even take out the comercials for ya. :wink:

Is it supposed to be today? I have dish and when I go to the guide where you can see all the channel, show, times and info and that stuff it says Master of Champions season premeire is next thursday, a week from today…

Blame the NBA for going to game 7 apparently. Psht, this show is looking to be vastly more entertaining than basketball.

its tonight spence. miami beat dallas in a 4-2 series that wrapped on tuesday so its tonight…i think anyways unless something else came up with some show like csi or house…

the show is on the menu now, i just checked and i changed form basketball to master of champions so it is tonight at 7

Chase

In that case nevermind. I was going off of Yahoo’s TV listings, which as of now still list the NBA as tonight.

as soon as i saw the guy on the previews(360 off somekinda trials object) i wrote it on my calendar to watch that show.

there a ppears to be atleast two uni’ers, i have no idea what the show is about though

abc is on ghetto-vision not cable, its channel 5 for me

i was going to make this thread but i was beaten to it

I get to watch it in 45 minutes. I get to cheat because I have the normal (California) time shows and I can watch then in Chicago time…3 hours early:)

If they do the same thing next year, will it be called ‘Ultimate Master Of Champions’?
I can here the voice-over-guy now.

“Who will be the Ultimate Champion Of The Master Of Skillabilty!”

All that lettering will be piled on top of each other, like Ben-Hur, or Life Of Brian, but in metal, with rivets, and a lightning bolt behind it. :slight_smile:

thaT WAS ur 2222th post!

hey youve gotta tell us if it is the one w/ the unis cause the info says:“drift driving, acrobats, contortionists” nothing about unicyclists