A quick survey

1)Full name: Rob Northcott
2)Gender: Male
3)Age: 36
4)Current Height: 6’ 2"
5)Current Weight: about 12 1/2 stone (175lbs ish)
6)How long have you been unicycling? 19 months
7)How long does a typical unicycle session last for you? 2 hours
8)Do you regurally do any other exercises besides unicycling? Bicycling, occasional walking
9)Has unicycling provided any notable weight loss? If so, how much? Was this accompanied by a diet? No
10)Do you feel that unicycling has improved your sense of well being? Yes
11)Has unicycling built any noticeable strength? Seems to be building up muscles on insides of thighs more than biking.
12)How much longer can you unicycle than when you first started? When I started I couldn’t do it at all. Now I can ride for hours.
13)Do you think unicycling has made you more mobile/flexible? Has it helped with any joint or muscle movement problems? No
14)Do you think that you could have achieved [9-13] with any form of exercise other than unicycling? Would it have been as easy? As fun? Yes, with bikes. Unicycles are more fun for me at the moment though.
15)Do you think unicycling is a good exercise? Yes
16)Any other comments on unicycling? It’s the best new thing I’ve got into for a long time. Friendly people, not too expensive (compared to bikes), makes all the trails that had become boring on a bike interesting again.

1)Full name: Ken Chrashing (not real name, but honest answers are below.)
2)Gender: Male
3)Age: 51 (turned today.)
4)Current Height: 5’7"
5)Current Weight:165
6)How long have you been unicycling? 15 months
7)How long does a typical unicycle session last for you? 30-90 mins.
8)Do you regurally do any other exercises besides unicycling? no.
9)Has unicycling provided any notable weight loss? If so, how much? Was this accompanied by a diet? Inital loss of 30lbs and now at 25lbs loss. Muscel gain I hope.
10)Do you feel that unicycling has improved your sense of well being? Yes.
11)Has unicycling built any noticeable strength? Yes.
12)How much longer can you unicycle than when you first started? Gone from 10mins to 2-3 hours .
13)Do you think unicycling has made you more mobile/flexible? Has it helped with any joint or muscle movement problems? yes, yes.
14)Do you think that you could have achieved [9-13] with any form of exercise other than unicycling? Would it have been as easy? As fun? yes, no, no.
15)Do you think unicycling is a good exercise? yes.
16)Any other comments on unicycling? For me: The lower body improves quickly with regular riding. Upper body strength is extreamly demanding for hopping, and riding hills. So demanding that it is difficult to build the upper body due to nearly immeadiate exaustion. After a year I have made good progress, but wish I had done additional upper body exercises to be further along.

1)Full name:
David Sprowls
2)Gender:
Male
3)Age:
4)Current Height:
6’ 0"
5)Current Weight:
Around 160 lbs
6)How long have you been unicycling?
One Year
7)How long does a typical unicycle session last for you?
3 Hours
8)Do you regurally do any other exercises besides unicycling?
No
9)Has unicycling provided any notable weight loss? If so, how much? Was this accompanied by a diet?
Weight gain - added muscle
10)Do you feel that unicycling has improved your sense of well being?
Sure
11)Has unicycling built any noticeable strength?
Oh yea
12)How much longer can you unicycle than when you first started?
I can’t find the infinity symbol
13)Do you think unicycling has made you more mobile/flexible? Has it helped with any joint or muscle movement problems?
Probably
14)Do you think that you could have achieved [9-13] with any form of exercise other than unicycling? Would it have been as easy? As fun?
Yes. Can’t say. Doubtful
15)Do you think unicycling is a good exercise?
Absolutely, if you push yourself hard
16)Any other comments on unicycling?

1)Full name:jonathan zachary peacock
2)Gender:m
3)Age:15
4)Current Height:6’2
5)Current Weight:127.5
6)How long have you been unicycling?22 months
7)How long does a typical unicycle session last for you?30 mins-1 hr
8)Do you regurally do any other exercises besides unicycling?yes
9)Has unicycling provided any notable weight loss? If so, how much? Was this accompanied by a diet?yes, maybe a few lbs,no
10)Do you feel that unicycling has improved your sense of well being?yes
11)Has unicycling built any noticeable strength?yes
12)How much longer can you unicycle than when you first started?miles and miles longer
13)Do you think unicycling has made you more mobile/flexible? Has it helped with any joint or muscle movement problems?yes,yes
14)Do you think that you could have achieved [9-13] with any form of exercise other than unicycling? Would it have been as easy? As fun?yes,maybe no-in that order
15)Do you think unicycling is a good exercise?yes
16)Any other comments on unicycling?i get better daily…

Yo, check it.

1)Dylan Neil Arnold-Wallinger
2)Male
3)18
4)6’3
5)190
6)Maybe 5 years?
7)Lately I’ve just been doing quick little seshes. Maybe an hour or 2.
8)I surf, and run.
9)More like weight gain… Muscle mass in the legs.
10)Yeah.
11)Yep. Core and thigh strength especially.
12)400%
13)Actually, my knees have become worse (rugby has also contributed), but my ankles have become alot stronger.
14)Unicycling works muscles that are very hard to work in any other way.
15)Yes,
16)I should do it more often.