A good trick to learn?

I want to learn a new trick, it should be easy to do and looks cool. Any ideas?

-ParadoX

Backwards riding. Learn things like this, in my opinion:

Riding (obvious)
Turning (likewise)
Hopping (helpful if you need to stop, get up obstacles, etc. … and you need to get used to it if you want to be good at trials)
Idling (practical)
Backwards (Looks cool)
Seat out riding (same, and also lets you start seat-out hopping, which is also a must for trials)
1-foot idling
1-foot riding
From here learn things as you like. But backwards is a good choice because idling is a practical thing and logically leads into it, and it impresses people a surprising amount.

Kick-up mount. Best payoff for easy-to-learn trick.

Unless you can already do it.

If you don’t know what it is, look it up in the Standard Skill List section of either of the rulebooks below.

Re: A good trick to learn?

“ParadoX” <ParadoX@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> writes:

> I want to learn a new trick, it should be easy to do and looks cool. Any
> ideas?

Suicide mount.

What skills can you already do?

If you are looking for something to impress a crowd at a show or parade then learn to jump rope. The crowd will be very very impressed and it’s actually an easy skill to do.

Jump 6-10 sets stair, rail handrails or drop something high.

Simon

One foot idle.

JL

i dont know what you call it, but mount with one foot on one pedal and then wrap your other leg around the saddle once or twice and throw it on the uni. simple and impressive.

I think the kick-up mount is the coolest looking thing. They say it’s “easy”. Maybe they mean it’s “easier than it looks.”

kickup mount is easy on a 20", hard on a 24", almost impossible on a heavy 24" like a kh24 (this is just my opinion).

-grant

i’ve tried the kickup mount, but the seat always just seems so slip over to the other side of the wheel :(, i guess i just have to be a bit quicker or something whilst not nutting myself :slight_smile:

a very good trick to lear and you can impress your buddies with is unispin, try to lear it on weed then you cant hirt yourself if you arent wearing leg protection. Good luck, peace

Simon