9th Annual LBI Unithon - Saturday, June 2, 2007

I am pleased to announce that the 9th Annual LBI Unithon will be held on Saturday, June 2, 2007.

Initial organizational activities are under way including me trying to figure out why I can’t FTP to my Unicyclist.com webspace to update all the information. As soon as I do, I’ll post a new entry form, etc at: LBI Unithon

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

As quick as a wink, Gilby fixed the FTP problem. The LBI Unithon is now updated with current forms.

I’LL BE THERE!!!

I still can’t believe I missed it last year.

Thanks for organizing it again. I’m not sure whether it’s one of those thankless jobs, but we do appreciate it.

Time to send in your Unithon registration. Mine is ready to go out in tomorrow’s mail. By registering early, (I’m guessing) it helps them print the t-shirts by having an approximate count and some of the money up front.

Hope to see you there!

I still can’t believe you missed it last year, either! How on Earth could you have let that happen??!

I hear this year it’s going to be bigger and BETTER than ever!!

I’m hoping many new and old NYC Unatics come out for it! It’s a great ride!

I think I might make this my first unicycle convention. If I can afford my 29" before June 2nd. I’ll bring a couple of friends too.

Hi all. I’ve been quiet here for a while but things are moving along.

One of our own members, ahollow, has kindly offered to donate the t-shirts this year. I’d like to be able to get him a reasonable count on the number of shirts we’ll need. Please, if you will be riding this year PM me or send me an email at jsnood at verizon.net to confirm as soon as possible. I’ve only gotten 3 registrations so far and it makes things much easier if I get them in advance.

My sources tell me we’ll be having a sunny day with a cool tail wind this year.

A word to the wise: Tighten your cranks.

See you all in a month!

Hello.

Just got a 29er so I am good as there. Wonderin what the best way from NYC is. Train? Carpool?

I live in CT, tho I have a brother in manhatten. So I could stay the night there and catch a ride in the mornin, if someone has some extra room.
-Sam

You should have received my registration form by now. If not, I’ll be there.

Gregg

Yes, Gregg, thanks. You’re one of the three who’ve sent them in. :slight_smile:

There is no train to LBI as far as I know. Possibly a bus, but I’m really not sure. You may be able to make some ride connections here or check with the NY Unicycle Club folks to see if you can get a ride (http://newyorkunicycleclub.com).

If all else fails PM me and I’ll see what I can do to assist you.

im goinggg :slight_smile:

crud, now that she is going, everyone is going to be there, they should get ppl to go by sayin she is going wherever, just like ppl always post on her threads they’ll prolly go to things she is at. kool huh. :astonished: :thinking:

Please remember that if you’re under 18 to have a parent/legal guardian sign the waiver. Thanks.

do you want me to not go lol

Is anyone coming down from Maine or Canada for this and able to possibly pick my coker and I up haha? I know, but I’d really love to go to this. Even if I could meet up with someone in CT that would be great. A 7 hour drive all by myself is a bit much. Meeting up with someone anywhere between NH and NJ would be great!

i’m very seriously contemplating…

If you did, would it be possible for us to work something out and meet up somewhere?

DO IT!!!111

Send in your registration TODAY. That way, you HAVE to come. Bring Mrs. Sofa. She can ride a bike as part of the support crew.

I’ve used up my ‘bring leeanne on unicycle trips’ for the next several years