***75cm High Jump Competition***

I’m totally in, I can static SIF 66cm, and with a prehop, I can almost get 70cm, I’m working on incorporating the two

If any of you cant find anything 75cm and dont have pallets either use a bar or put a plank of wood on top of a picnic table

I’m in. But…I don’t want the little 75cm sig thing if I were to win, but I want to compete.

-Isaac

I’m in. My best so far is 62 cm SIF sidehop to pallets.

Seems like going from 62 to 75 is going to be a big step, but I’ll give it a shot. I haven’t worked on hops for a while.

Only losers wear the sigs anyways
Us cool kids take the internet seriously

Hey,

Cool thread. 75 cm over a bar was the world record in June 2000, broken later that summer at UNICON in Beijing (to 82 cm, I think).

Kris

And now its what? 120cm??? Thats insane.

The progression has been huge. The world record at the 1999 U.S. nationals was only 62 cm, done on a 24" Muni that weight about 21 lbs. By 2001 the record was at 87.5 cm, which I think was the last time the height record was broken on a 24" muni. In 2002 it went to 90 cm at UNICON in Seattle, which tied Ot Pi’s longstanding 1980’s sidehop record on a trials bike. That was the last time I held the record; since then it has obviously gone way up.

Kris

Wow - had no idea the record was that low so recently.

I hit 64 cm to pallets today, so that’s progress.

And I broke the weld on my KH seatpost while attempting 67 cm. Hope Scott delivers my cf base and Thompson seatpost soon.

Wow, so much improvment. Thanks for the posts, I would have never known.

So today will be my first attempts to improve my high jump since I started this. A lot of homework and rain held me back. I am really not sure how I should try this, my sidehop is more consistant but I get lower on it (well if I didn’t slip i would be even) than my rolling hop.

im in to!
whats a sig anyways? sorry…
didn’t kelly hickman break the world record at the 2008 NAUCC?

a sig is a signature which is the bit underneath your posts.No he didnt get the world record

He did actually, but it was broke at UNICON right after.
(I’m pretty sure…)

wow thats pretty good then.Allthough the new record is unbelievabley hard to beat

whats the new record and who broke it?

I think its 110cm by joe hodges and fabian mark.Joe recently got 123cm but it was unofficial

ill give it a go dont give much time over to high jump

i got 75 cm this afternoon, hopefully i can land it again for the camera tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue:

Good job!

I haven’t been trying because I have only gotten 65cm twice… i just want to get 65 consistant.

Got my trials uni back together today and hit 67 cm to pallets.

75 is still a ways away, but it’s starting to look less impossible now.