700c Mudguards

Anybody out there have any recommendations for mudguards that will fit a 29er that I can get in the UK?

Thanks,
James

Grogboy, get a life. Seriously, go and learn something useful. Like how to play a penny whistle- it’ll help bring in the pennies when you’re a wino in the gutter.

That’s right Grogboy. There are plenty of forums out there that are used to childish communications like yours. If you want to talk about unicycling, fine. Some of your posts seem normal, just not on the topics they were posted in. Do a little reading first. If you want to yell rude names, it’s much more rewarding to do it in person.

Back on the topic, I have built a fender onto an old Schwinn 24", but I don’t have any leads on a 700c fender. As the wheel gets bigger, and skinnier, it probably gets harder to rig up a fender that will stay in place at the ends. You’ll probably need to do some customizing.

I have seen some on wiggle.co.uk for 700c tho I’m not sure what will fit/be suitable Is it best to go with a front or rear guard? What type of fitting should I look for?

Thanks again!

The technology has changed a lot since I made my fender in 1981. I think your best bet, other than waiting for more feedback here, is to go to the LBS and see what they’ve got, and hold it up to your unicycle to get some idea of the coverage you’ll get. I guess you only need to cover the tire behind the fork, though your legs will probably still get stuff on them around your knees from the front part of the wheel.

Your mudguard needs to stay in place, and not get bumped by your legs or heels. Also it needs to be able to handle impact. Make sure it can’t hit the ground if you drop the unicycle in front of you. Or get a flexible one that just bounces back! I don’t know what they’re like…

I’m still waiting for the uni to arrive, but when it does, I’ll take your advice and head to the LBS!

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

Mudguards aren’t silly when you have to go places that require you not to have a line of mud up your back. Think about it. It doesn’t take bottle to say what you said, it takes a certain lack of maturity and intelligence. But I’ll repeat, get a life. At the top left corner of your screen you should see something that says “Unicyclist Community” basically that means people try to get on here and generally do. Either get involved or get off.

Re: 700c Mudguards

one wheeled stallion wrote:
> Anybody out there have any recommendations for mudguards that will fit a
> 29er that I can get in the UK?

A mountain bike mudguard of the type designed to clip onto the seatpost
will probably do the job. It works for me on my Coker.

This picture would probably have worked better without the black
background, but I’m afraid I couldn’t be bothered to move things:
<url:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/z-coker.jpg>

Danny Colyer (the UK company has been laughed out of my reply address)
<url:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/>
“He who dares not offend cannot be honest.” - Thomas Paine

Cool, I shall have to try that and thanks for the pic! Did you have to modify it in anyway or just clamp it on?

At first I thought Grogboy was a spambot.
Then I saw his odd unicycle poem (which a bot wouldn’t do).

Grogboy, this forum doesn’t really have profanity, name calling or “flames.”
Please try to respect the community by writing words you wouldn’t mind everyone you know (including your parents) reading.

If you feel that your writing style is “cool,” I would recommend that it would be more welcome in this forum.

Thank you.

Re: 700c Mudguards

I wrote:
>> A mountain bike mudguard of the type designed to clip onto the seatpost
>> will probably do the job. It works for me on my Coker.

and one wheeled stallion responded:
> Cool, I shall have to try that and thanks for the pic! Did you have to
> modify it in anyway or just clamp it on?

No modifications at all, I just clamped it on. Most bike shops will
have something similar - in fact I think I bought mine from the
particularly crap bike shop 10 minutes walk from my house, which hardly
ever has anything I want.

Danny Colyer (the UK company has been laughed out of my reply address)
<url:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/>
“He who dares not offend cannot be honest.” - Thomas Paine