6th Annual LBI Unithon - June 5, 2004

The Unithon was a blast! We, my mom and I, rode from Lancaster with David Ramos, uniciclo@aol.com, to Long Beach Island. The scenery was still beautiful despite the cloudy and sometimes rainy weather. It was great to see the ocean at different points on the ride and at the end.

The furthest I have ridden before the Unithon was 6 miles. The first 11 went pretty quickly, but the last half or so was quite difficult. I was one of the last ones, but I was just really happy to have made it.

It was great meeting some more people from the forum. I had previously met Dave Lowell, uni57, at an event in Lancaster. I got to meet some of the guys from Philadelphia. The only two I actually talked to (that I remember) were theobieone and shadowuni. I was hoping to see Dave Stockton, but he wasn’t able to make it. I got to meet JJuggle and see his famous unicycle tattoo.

One very impressive thing was Bridget Sprouls, the girl who started the Unithon 6 years ago, who is now 18, rode the entire thing on a 20" unicycle. I was amazed. And she even kept up with the Cokers! She was pedaling as fast as if she was in a race. When I saw her start out like that at the beginning, I figured she would quit or switch to a Coker at some point, but she made the whole thing! It was also cool to meet a woman from Australia. I didn’t remember her name but Raphael called her Deb in a previous post.

The lighthouse was pretty neat, but walking up 260 steps or however many are there isn’t the greatest thing to do after riding 19 miles on a unicycle. :astonished:

I got a few pictures, which I’ll post in the gallery if it starts working again.

Thanks to everyone who helped and went for a great uni ride! :smiley:

Nikki

P.S. By the way, Raphael, for your write-up: Nikki Morley, 29er, from Coudersport, Pennsylvania. I’m 16, too, in case you need my age.

Thanks. My friend gets the Monmouth one but said there is a Ocean county too. The lady didnt say which one just that she was from Asbury Park Press. She took some pictures and asked my name so I might be in it:D .

TimothyTimmyTim@yahoo.com

Glenolden PA (its in the Philly area)

Coker

Timothy Braun

I think she said that it would be in the Thursday edition, at any rate one of the reporters did.

Brian C. Slater, standard Coker, from East Hartford, CT, 54 years young.

hey guys. dave, it may look like it, but that was not a 19 mile playground! i will say it was tough. i just had to hang in there. JJuggle, the tatoo on your arm redefines cool! what an awesome ride. hope to see you guys again next year. also, the stuff i do is not that hard, just keep practicing.

JJuggle… im Nicholas Di John, Coker with 140mm cranks, Kris Holm Airseat.

Nick’s dad

hey fellows, i’m nick’s dad, joe. as far as him knowing he’s a d—k head shows he does have some intelligence, lol ! after all someone who sleeps in closets must be a d—k head, lol ! actually he’s a great young man but he don’t do dishes, or anything constructive around the house, lol ! he’s priorities are uni,uni,uni, & he’s girl friend, oh and vidio games, lol ! hey i wouldn’t trade him for any other son, not even kevin, lol ! i’m proud to be american & even more proud to be he’s dad, yo ! keep it cool in summer school. & remember life is what happens while your busy making other plans.

Definitely a blast the unithon is
, it was my 3rd year, I ride a 28" and its great.
I may even try the 4" cranks sometime.
Peace out

Tim
from philly, live in jersey

PS I will be at the piscataway ride this sat…

Cool! Me too! I will be at the Delaware-Raritan Canal Unicycle Ride.

And for Raphael’s Unithon records…

Dave Lowell
West Milford, NJ

custom Dave Stockton “Coker” featuring…

• Dave’s amazing “Strongest Coker Wheel in the World”
  • purple Hunter frame
  • 150mm cranks

age 39

total Unithon ride time: 4 hours

The gallery started working, so I put up some pics:

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/LBI-Unithon-Pics-2004

Be sure to check them out! :slight_smile:

Nikki

Raphael
unithon stats for tim t, (The other Tim and I were riding together, let me give a shout out, yoooo Glenolden!)
Anyway heres my info:

28" sun uni w/CRAMPS sticker(best band in the world)
36yrs old
North Brunswick NJ
3rd year

Also the Asbury Park article according to the photog is going to be in Thursdays edition, the life section I think she said,
Tim you were there, isnt that what she said?Peace out

also, it says unicycling newbie under my name which is a little untrue, I am only new to the forums, been riding since I was 10, damn i feel old now. later

Also raphael the cranks I used are 6"

I was there, too, (it was Tim, Tim, and not Tim {Brian}) and, yep, I believe she said Thursday. :sunglasses:

You can change that either by posting a lot, or change it to whatever you want via your profile. :astonished:

hey everybody- good times at the unithon

jeff wilson
coos bay, oregon
rode a coker w/ kris holm seat

hope to make back next year-

Brian
Gracias for doing the research I shouldnt have been so lazy to do on the profile thing.
Great riding with you.

I got pictures from LBI up now in the gallery http://gallery.unicyclist.com/tim

If you are in a picture you can add a comment saying your name and where you are or description and I’ll add it to the caption.

I’ve finally put up some of the photos of the LBI Unithon. They come courtesy of Roe and Dirk.

They’re linked to from the left side.

Cheers,
Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ