661 Leg armor

Maybe a front loading washing machine would work, but a top load machine with an agitator would not be good at all for the armour.

You could get something like a Rubbermaid storage container that is big enough to hold the armour. You could use it as a small tub to wash your armour, and when you’re done using it as a wash tub you can use it to store your gear. Or maybe a plastic waste basket would also work?

I’ve put my Roach knockoffs (marked Nuke Proof) in the washing machine with no ill effects. Just make sure all the velcro straps are closed, and use the gentle cycle. If they can’t survive a washing what good are they?! :roll_eyes:

thanks- thats a really good idea

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:50:34 -0600, thinuniking <thinuniking@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote:

>Are 661’s washable I have some and they are getting a little sweaty so
>are the washable? what temp to use ect?

I put them in the washing machine (for clothes) on the wool washing program using detergent for colored clothes. 30 deg C I think, and little movement. Works perfectly.

Klaas Bil

(I posted this yesterday on the newsgroup but it seems not to have come through.)

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:39:17 -0600, john_childs <john_childs@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote:

>muniracer wrote:
>> *so, if i live in a dorm, with no bathtubs, can i wash them (armor,
>> gloves) in a washing machine? they smell soooooooo bad. *
>
>Maybe a front loading washing machine would work, but a top load machine
>with an agitator would not be good at all for the armour.

I have washed both my 661 4x4 leg protectors and my Harbinger 110G wrist guards in a front-loading washing machine on the gentlest program setting without anything else in the machine. Only once so far. They came out very well.

Klaas Bil

(I posted this earlier today on the newsgroup but it seems not to have come through.)