6' giraffe

Hey guys, I am currently saving up to purchase a 6’ giraffe unicycle, i own
and ride a 24" and i was wondering if maybe i should get a standard 20"
unicycle for now, instead of the giraffe, to get comfortable with the smaller
wheel… i test rode a 20" at the bike shop that will order the giraffe, and
it felt a little different, the thing that made it hardest was the fact that
the seat was pretty low, anyway my question is: is there enough difference in
riding between the 20" and the 24" wheel, that i should delay my purchase of
the giraffe? or would i be better off just going for the giraffe? if you say
the giraffe, then you could also explain how to freemount it hahaha.

                                Thanks!
                            ·•Aaron Lennox•·

Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at
http://profiles.msn.com.

RE: 6’ giraffe

> is there enough difference in riding between the 20" and the 24" wheel, that
> i should delay my purchase of the giraffe? or would i be better off just
> going for the giraffe?

If you want to do tricks or play games, you will get more mileage out of the
20". If you want to show off, perform, cheat at unicycle basketball, or just see
the world from a different perspective, you will enjoy the 6’.

> if you say the giraffe, then you could also explain how to freemount
> it hahaha.

Easy. Stand on the tire, step up on the bottom pedal, lift your leg around the
back of the seat, sit down, and ride away. More detail if you buy one.

Stay on top, John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone http://www.unicycling.com

“Dirt: it’s not just for breakfast anymore.” - MUni Weekend 2000 T-shirt (idea
by Jacquie)

Re: 6’ giraffe

I would highly recommend becoming proficient at idling the unicycle before
getting a giraffe. That way if you get in a situation where you can’t stop
you’ll be able to control it. If you can idle well on a 24" getting the 20"
won’t matter; idling on a giraffe is different than idling on a 20" & 24"
because it is chain drive and there’s more room for error (someone in physics
might be able to better explain this).

Check out the FAQ for freemounting (www.unicycling.org); i first learned using a
stop sign cause i knew there would be plenty around when i fell :-).

uni-versally yours, unicycle lady http://users.aol.com/unilady/

In a message dated 9/13/0 10:04:01 PM, you wrote:

> Hey guys, I am currently saving up to purchase a 6’ giraffe unicycle, i own
> and ride a 24" and i was wondering if maybe i should get a standard 20"
> unicycle for now, instead of the giraffe, to get comfortable with the smaller
> wheel… i test rode a 20" at the bike shop that will order the giraffe, and
> it felt a little different, the thing that made it hardest was the fact that
> the seat was pretty low, anyway my question is: is there enough difference in
> riding between the 20" and the 24" wheel, that i should delay my purchase of
> the giraffe? or would i be better off just going for the giraffe? if you say
> the giraffe, then you could also explain how to freemount it hahaha.
>
> Thanks!
> ·•Aaron Lennox•·

Re: 6’ giraffe

I say giraffe, although I haven’t mastered freemounting mine - yet. There is a
good description of how to learn to freemount on the Unicycle page
(unicycling.com - I’m not sure if I got this address right.) I went from a 24"
unicylcel to a 16" giraffe and had no problems riding it once I got used to
being up that high. Go with the 20" wheel; from experience, I can say that the
16" is too small. There are other people in the newsgroup who know a lot more
about this than I. John Foss, according to the OOW literature and his own
e-mails, learned a lot of the more advanced aspects of unicyling on a giraffe.
He doesn’t recommend doing that, though. I hope that gives you something to work
with. Good luck!

Carl Trachte Morenci, AZ

“·rïbål· ·¤·” wrote:
>
> Hey guys, I am currently saving up to purchase a 6’ giraffe unicycle, i own
> and ride a 24" and i was wondering if maybe i should get a standard 20"
> unicycle for now, instead of the giraffe, to get comfortable with the
> smaller wheel… i test rode a 20" at the bike shop that will order the
> giraffe, and it felt a little different, the thing that made it hardest was
> the fact that the seat was pretty low, anyway my question is: is there
> enough difference in riding between the 20" and the 24" wheel, that i should
> delay my purchase of the giraffe? or would i be better off just going for
> the giraffe? if you say the giraffe, then you could also explain how to
> freemount it hahaha.
>
> Thanks!
> ·•Aaron Lennox•·
> _________________________________________________________________________
> Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.
>
> Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at
> http://profiles.msn.com.