540 Unispins

May I ask… how?

Yep I’m keen to learn these, I’v got rolling 360s and static 360s down easy, pretty much every time now.
How does a 540 differ from a 360? Is it just a 360 with a bit of an extra push? Or do you change the hand position? And should I learn it rolling or static :slight_smile:
Yeah, I couldn’t find a tutorial on this anywhere…

when doing them i hold the seat like i do for 3spins.
What helped me to learn them is to do “late 3spins”.
just jump and do the 3spin as late as you can, that teaches you to spin the uni very fast.
i think it´s best to learn them static first.
When you think you can do it just jump very high, spin the uni fast but controlled and try to land it.

good luck

i haven´t landed some 5spins for a while now, i think i´ll try tomorrow again.

I can’t 5spin yet, havnt tried hard enough :p, but i can rolling 3spin really easily.

a couple weeks ago i spent 15-20 minutes trying them out, and i actually came kinda close, so i dont think its tooo hard. Just jump higher and spin faster, and commit.

I commited and landed on the tire, so 450, by accident :stuck_out_tongue: , but hopped twice and fell :angry: so i think if i spin a tiny bit faster and jump a bit higher and commit, i could get them .

Hardest part for me is committing and catching the seat. But try these steps:

1. Hop static
  2. Once comfortable jump high and spin.
  3. In air, SPOT YOUR LANDING!
  4. Aim at the pedal with your FRONT foot as that is the harder foot to get on the pedals.
  5. If and when you hit the pedals, grab the seat with your non spinning hand and immediately follow up with your other hand.
  6. Land and celebrate.

Hardest part for me is committing and catching the seat. But try these steps:

1. Hop static
  2. Once comfortable jump high and spin.
  3. In air, SPOT YOUR LANDING!
  4. Aim at the pedal with your FRONT foot as that is the harder foot to get on the pedals.
  5. If and when you hit the pedals, grab the seat with your non spinning hand and immediately follow up with your other hand.
  6. Land and celebrate.

what helped me to learn 540’s for me was to first learn them with the seat the wrong way because that will give you a much better spin. Then i used like two weeks getting it with the seat the right way, what you might wanna do that helped me is to hold in the front of the seat really hard then when u spin and the seat is on 180 you throw it as hard as you can! :smiley: hope it helped, sorry for the long text and bad english if it was :wink:

Hi! Can somebody help me with the hand position?

A lot of people has told me to have both of my hands on the side of the saddle but i’m use to have 1 hand on the side and 1 on the back corner.

When i’m trying to spin the uni with both on the side the spin goes really slow!

thanks for this post safey, im keen to learn them to .