5 guni's on yesterday's ride

Good apostrophe!

NO! BAD APOSTROPHE!

No idea. I’m still waiting for a confirmation email or some other acknowledgment that I made a purchase…

But there are others who recommended the brand to me. You should try asking about this in the “proper shoes” thread that’s currently in use.

Ken, I tried looking up Solomon, but couldn’t find any cycling shoes. Are you using trail running shoes or something similar? What I’m hoping to get in these FiveTens is a stiff sole that will put more power into the pedals while still giving a good grip.

Hehe…yeah, but guni is also a made up word! Combining imaginary words with imaginary possession :slight_smile:

corbin

I wear these:

no laces to worry about.

I’ve had good luck in a couple of years of distance riding that I haven’t had any falls I couldn’t run out of. Until recently. Two months ago I was doing 13-14 mph on a 24" wheel, which is faster than I can reliably spin, and I lost it. I think the seat was a bit too low and a 24" is already close to the ground so I couldn’t run out of it and I scraped my knees and elbows nicely.

More recently (last Friday) I was riding my new 29" Schlumpf to work, cruising at a similar speed (easy to run out of, right?) when the darned thing shifted! I don’t know why – maybe it wasn’t totally latched into high gear, or maybe I bumped the knob – but the effect was as sudden as it was predictable. BAM! Straight into the pavement. Knees and hands. At least this time I was wearing gloves, and pants that were slippery enough to slide on the pavement instead of ripping open. So my hands were only bruised instead of scraped, and my knees were… less scraped.

Good times!

eesh, I was riding a trail yesterday on my 36er with the cranks in the 125mm hole for the first time and I went down a dip but when I came out of it i was leaning too far forward and couldn’t muscle the 125’s fast enough (I am used to 145’s). It resulted in a solid UPD at 22km/h, I was able to take most of the impact with my first foot down and run out of it but I bruised my foot pretty good. Also the trail was an old railbed with dirt/bumps/rocks so when i bailed the t7 stuck into the ground and bent the rails a bit.