4th of July Parades

I was disappointed that I missed the Indy 500 Parade a while back. I
heard that a big group of unicyclist were there. Today I rode the
smaller Carmel Parade just north of Indianapolis, but I was the only
unicyclist. It felt great to ride in a Parade again, it has been a
couple years. Anyone else ride in a July 4th Parade?

Re: 4th of July Parades

Eddie

The group of unicyclists in the Indy parade was WOW from Ohio.

Darren

Eddie Moffat wrote:

> I was disappointed that I missed the Indy 500 Parade a while back. I
> heard that a big group of unicyclist were there. Today I rode the
> smaller Carmel Parade just north of Indianapolis, but I was the only
> unicyclist. It felt great to ride in a Parade again, it has been a
> couple years. Anyone else ride in a July 4th Parade?

All,

How does it work out to be in a parade, anyway? I know that if I had driven to Atlanta, I could have been in the parade there with the Unicycle.com folks. Also, the Memphis Unicycle Club (of which I am a long distance member … I’m in Jackson, MS) was invited for the Memphis parade. However, our fearless leader (Tommy) was off to ride in other parades, I believe, so I decided not to go.

But in general, how hard is it to get in a parade? I’d love to just ride along in a parade, be it a 4th of July parade, or some other. Is the unicycle enough itself to get into a parade? Does one usually have to contact the town or organization in advance? How does that usually work? I’d love to ride in a parade some day.

Lewis

Lewis-

Someone recently posted that, to ride in a parade, one needs merely to show up with a unicycle. Apparently if you’re at a parade with a unicycle everyone just suspects that you must be part of it.

How’s Chris? Haven’t heard from him in too long.

During our parade yesterday, we ran across a couple friends spectating along the route who I knew rode unicycles. We had extra uni’s on the float so we kidnapped them from the crowds and they finished the parade with us.

Thing about riding in parades, though, is that you don’t get to see the parade.

Also, placement is everything! Everyone knows of course to stay ahead of the horses but we learned yesterday that we need to stay behind the Army Reserve vehicles firing fake morters from their cannons.

Bruce

Harper,

Chris is doing fairly well, overall. He still can’t ride, etc. I sent you a more detailed email to you via the “send a private message” link here on unicycle.com.

Lunch Time!

Lewis