**36inch(91.4cm) SI static jump Comp**

i’m not doing this rolling. Its static. I fairly believe that i’m in boundries, if your complaining about stuff.

and if its that big of a deal, static WITH prehop… sheesh…

Haha instead of everybody talking about it, get it on FILM and let’s SEE it! :slight_smile:

I’m REVEWING film…

grrr… its rainy outside, and i’m tired. Tomorrow i work, hopefully i can get off early, maybe, and go uni.

Now you DO mean 36 INCHES, not CM right? lol jk.

36’’ lol. gah im tired… I need to actually get me doing it on film…

Okay so he did finally explain what he meant by static (prehop allowed). Now how about the bar? Is it a high jump competition, or an UP competition as your first post says?

While you’re at it you might want to explain what is meant by “landing” it. How long must you stay on the uni? Make your own rule or reference existing rules but people should know before they start sending in videos…

Fine. Its just like any other ‘Highjump Comp’,

Highjump BAR. Must clear over the bar, slighly touching it, or rubbing it is allowed, but you MUST NOT move the bar by doing so. You must be able to roll away from the jump, and footage must be uploaded to either Vimeo or Youtube.

edit: by rubbing the bar, i mean like, for me, my bar bends sometimes. the bar cant fall, and if it does bend, your height must still be 36’’

So what if I secure the bar to the poles, can I pedal grab it? I don’t think you should be able to touch it because some peoples bars are more sensitive to be knocked off than others.

This just wouldn’t be possible without a prehop, theres no way.

…Except for the static part. If you want to stay the same on the landing it means three revolutions of the wheel after landing and before falling off. Or you could say “or three seconds without falling off” but I don’t think that’s the official rule, that’s what we use for Sumo. Sometimes you’re just balanced or hopping around, but three seconds should be enough to show you’re in control.

And of course you can’t touch any part of the apparatus (other than slightly). It’s a High Jump, not a pedal grab.

I agree. If MC Hammer was there judging the highjump comp., he’d be pointing at the bar saying, “CAN’T TOUCH THIS!” :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

PREHOP, whatever gives you the hopping, must be SI static though. Prehop or not, do what you want for that.

No touching the bar then. Just, you need to clear over it.

What are you saying? If you prehop is not static!!!

Agreed, a static hop is a hop without prehop, it’s done from a complete stilstand.

C’mon man, do you have any footage of it yet? Even just close attempts? I want to see this, I think its all aload of bs.

Yeah, I want to see it too. Ive been hearing you talk a lot about 27". Probably for a few months now, and now 30"+ range.

Seriously though, filming isnt hard, even if its wet, your not jumping onto anything, and im sure you have metal pinned pedals, so the rain isnt going to stop you from jumping. Its not like its a skinny ride comp or something, but knowing me, id still go out and try it. Sorry for the rant, but I think rain is a poor excuse 90% of the time.

1 clip of you jumping, landing, and thats it, will by a few seconds long, 30seconds at max. No editing, and just exporting it and getting it on a site will not take more than 30mins, and thats pushing it really bad.

Hope its all good though. If youre hitting this height with Si, I cant wait to see you go SIF and add the large amount of tuck to that. Be another good upper. Not sure how good you are with gaps, downs, skinnys, precision and the other parts of trials.

Anyways, I may try this. Highest thing I remember is getting up 5.5-6pallets. So around 24"-26". May lower my seat and try for 30", but im not saying that im in.

I will delete everything off my camera that i dont need, so i have enough footage space, and i’ll film EVERYTHING i do. Then hopefully i’ll be able to hit around 28’‘. (the way i set up my highjump bar, the closest i can get with it before i go over 30’', is aroudn 28-29)

Today i might not be able to ride, i totaly effed up my ankle last night, due to falling on wet grass next to a bunch of scrap wood and obstacles, and its going to rain today, along with having to work.

Hell, Guys, i’ll fricken set this thing up in my garage if i have to just to show you though.

I’ll do my best to get film of all of this.

You seem to have alot of excuses, if you can do it, do it. 28" is alot lower than 36" but whatever, somethings better than nothing. Is it going to be static?

And I would be more than happy with you ditching the bar and just hopping that height up ONTO something like a stack of pallets; it’d be easier than trying to go up & over.

Speak for yourself:p.

I have hit 34" over a bar with a prehop. I think this comp is possible. Ever inch after 30" gets exponentially harder to get SI as there is no room to tuck.

Exactly. And good job on the 34.

For more ‘Specific’ rule, prehop alowed i dont care, ive covered that, thats what i sorta meant by static.

Yeah, it sucks, its fricken raining… I might set a bar up in my garage, and practice…

and i know 28-29’’ is a lot less than 36’'. If i never hit 36, i plan to atleast hit 34.