36er Nimbus Touring Mod

Got the idea to show my modifications,
It stretched my “horizon” from the backyardtrialcourse (20") along munitrials (29") to really beyond the horizon (36").
Iow:

• No more numbridingsessions, if I passed the magic-1-hour-mark!! (Handlebar guides pressure to ellbows, hands and wrists
  • Awesome control over (dis-)mount (Handle attached to frame not seat)
  • No more "reshaping of handle" dued to UPD (the I-skatewheel construction provides bending of the handle)
  • Less flex dued to "stabilisator" (triangular)
Perhaps it helps to convince more people that uniriding belongs to distance too.

Wauw, just wauw…

You have reinvented the “bicycle”. :roll_eyes:

Can you start on two wheels and switch into one-wheel mode?

Very cool indeed. You may want to consider trying a bike seat instead of the KH. It could get even more comfortable then, plus it would be lighter and looking better, because the dark green in the KH looks pretty bad imho.
Do you actually change the angle of the adjustable stem sometimes?

Another great advantage of the skate wheel is that you can always point to it whenever people ask about the whereabouts of your other wheel.

can you post a vid of you riding it using the handlebar?

+1!

Hi all,
@ Probailer: Dankjewel, zoiets gebeurt als men zich verveelt
@ Unirocks 13

A short impression just before the start of the marathon in Düsseldorf at 0.31 - 0.36 and me in action is visible at 1.40 - 1.45 in the coverage at:
hier

@ Scottocs: Hahahaha no till now, but the other way around
@ Munirocks: Quite right, the seat is still no nirvana, but that’s got nothing to do with weight… (en moet je gelijk geven met die schijtgroene kleur van de KH)
@ Steveyo: 1+1=?

Thanxxx,

+2

whole lotta handlebar lovin’

You’ve got a lot going on there between your legs there, but I guess I’m one to talk.
I do really like the rollerblade wheel . . . Its a friction-free bumper of sorts? or maybe it qualifies you as a bike??
Has the mast taken a hard UPD yet??

video of you riding it??

Bryce

Yea I was gonna say that. You can now participate in bicycle-only rides.

I was sorta tempted to call bullshit

That is a crazy long thing that would mangle at the first crash.

Your pics are great and I think you are real, thank you for sharing your amazing custom set up.:slight_smile:

It is a long ways out from my 36 riding experiences, like 2 feet in front.

I would like to try some of these odd rides. I hope to go to some convention or meet up where I can see cool stuff like what you have,:slight_smile:

Your stuff looks one off and thanks for sharing.:slight_smile: It is people like you that make this forum the rocking center of uni culture.:slight_smile:

Your stuff looks one off and thanks for sharing.:slight_smile: It is people like you that make this forum the rocking center of uni culture.:slight_smile:
[/quote]

Thanks for the awesome compliment :sunglasses:

thanks for the compliments

@ Brycer : I really really envy your P-frame…(it started me even thinking about selling my Nimbus and “cloning” yours!!!)

@ Feel the light: Nicest compliment I ever got : Being a part of the uni culture center.

That’s a bike

But looks like a ‘safer option’:slight_smile: