36er advice, please

I think I’ve ruled out buying either a new KH36 or Oracle 36 in its OEM stock form. With the new lighter tire available, it doesn’t make sense to me to buy a new uni and pay for a tire that I’m not going to use. And with the Oracle, I’d also be paying for a seat and cranks I’m not going to use.

So when I can’t resist the urge to get a new uni, it will probably be custom based on one of these aluminum frames. I’ve been thinking of going with the wider internal disk style of the Nimbus, but it sounds like the Oregon hub is a lot heavier than the KH. It will be interesting to see how the weights compare. Comparative price also of interest, but I doubt it will be enough to sway me off whatever I deem “better.”

I wish I could just upgrade my Coker, but stuff is different enough that there’s not much I can do. I should probably just ride it until I kill it - not much need for splined interface until I manage to kill the ST hub, I suppose. :roll_eyes:

The weight difference of the two hubs isn’t that big. The KH is listed at 606g and the Oregon at 798g.

25mm of a hollow steel axle is the only difference, so not a whole lot of weight, 4-5 ounces at most.

The biggest difference is in how the wide hub rides and feels, which for those who want it, provides a wider stance for more control and less leg-seat rub.

No handle with Oracle 36

Hey, to correct earlier speculative posts, the Oracle 36 does not include a shadow handle. :frowning: