360 Unispin

Does anyone have any tips on doing 360 unispins?

i have to spread my legs out alot farther then when doing 180’s and I can spin the uni but i can’t get my feet back on the pedals

try it on carpet thats where i learnd then do it in the street alot and dont be a pussy cause there really not that hard just try alot

Ill try on some carpet tomorow, Im taking my uni to my church and they let me ride around all over the place, and theres lots of carpet.

wow thats exactly what i do. Or on grass when im not at church…

i have a similar problem, except, i can’ get the uni full 360 before coming back down. i tried to copy the hand movements, but i REALLY suck at it. the closest i got was 3/4 of the spin hitting my knees on the tyre( i got leg armor now). i don’t get it.

depending on which way you spin your unicycle your hand placement is pretty important, i changed the way i held my uni seat about 6 different times before it started to spin quickly enough to make the rotations and stay upright, i still cant land them everytime, but when i jsut think about doing it and not worrying about “what if this happens” i have much better results.

now i can do a lot of 360 with this tip

try to make the seat be close to you
yesterday i tried to do it sif to seat in. and i just landed like eight that day

the seat need to be close to you …

lower your tire. it helps. also see the complete idiots guide to unispins

lower my tire??? :thinking: u mean tire pressure right?

Okay thx everyone

Too bad i cant practice this for about a month cuz It just snowed about half a foot and everyday is about -20C now

yes pressure. it makes the uni more stable and bouncy.

hm
im having trouble w/ them too, but my problem is that my foot keeps catching on the frame, but the only thing I can come up w/ is that my grind plate is FREAKING HEAVY and it makes the balance of the uni all wacko, so when I spin it it spins on a funny axis and i have trouble landing.

i did a 450 spin to tire yesterday though, on total accident. i was practicing this :slight_smile: :?

jump higher and pull the uni up reasonable high too. gives more time for spinning.

Your unicycle doesn’t grow in size if you do a 360… you only have to spread your legs out as far as when you’re doing a 180… instead, what you need to do is jump higher and spin the uni faster.

On the contrary, leaving the uni on the ground while you jump puts more space between you and the uni, giving you more “airtime”. It also ensures the uni is in the same place as it was when you jumped… pulling the uni into the air tends to displace the uni, making your landing more difficult.

Well there is not just one way to do it. When I do bigger unispins like 540s my legs do go way out and I don’t jump up much more than a 360. I also leave the uni on the ground.
Cody picks his up and jumps up really high and his legs don’t really go out.

I think it is better to pick the uni up with you because that way you are able to do them off drops. If you can only do a 360 unispin with the uni pivoting on the ground then you will have a really hard time doing off anything.

here is a screen shot of me and Cody doing side by side 540s

Ah I love that pic :). I prefer picking it up, you dont have the friction of hte tire on the ground slowing your spin and throwing you off, and like Spencer said you can do them off drops or with gaps, I find it easier to 540 unispin off something than do it normally. The biggest tip I give for 360 and for 540 unispins is this, jump off higher and spin faster, for a 540 I say jump as high off as you can and spin with all your might lol

k i sound like a total noob at freestyle riding when i say this. and thats cuz i am. but, i just cant figure out how to hop with the seat out in front before you actualy DO the trick. and when i try to jump, my legs kindof react by pushing the uni back down to the ground. so i only jump like two inches. does anyone get what im saying? i know, im a noob :frowning:

but help por favor (thats please in spanish for those of you that dont live anywhere near MEXICO)

I’m working on these right now and I have a question. i have a good haznd position, I can spiun it fast enough, I can get the 360 jump mount to, but when i accually try a unispin I can’t get my feet on right. my righty foot hits the cranks but i have no clue what happens to my left foot. Can anyone give me any tips on getting my feet on besides jump and spin the uni and hop that my feet land on it.

well…I’m still working on them, but what I found that helped me a lot, is to film yourself doing one, and then you can see your mistakes and where goes your left foot.

Hope it helps…

-HuGo-

I’ll try that tommorow or friuday since I don’t have school. A little bit after i posted the last message thing I got really close to landing a few but the frame would slip or I would just fall off