3" Gazz on a BFR

If the frame will accomdate it, will a 3" Gazz work on a BFR? It’s not a double wide rim, so I guess you’d have a better chance of folding the tire over the rim. I found the following picture of a 3" on a BFR and was wondering if many people have tried it/had any problems.

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/Prototype-unicycle-frames/aab?&full=1

Thanks,

Re: 3" Gazz on a BFR

should be no problem. I had mine on a similar sized rim for quite a while
and it seemed to be ok. Its now on a 40mm wide rim and is fine on that too.
If you look at the sidewall of the Gazz, it says the minimum is a 28mm wide
rim. Most downhilling MTB wheels are at least that wide, the BFR included.

Leo
Sydney, Australia

“gbarnes” <gbarnes.111km@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:gbarnes.111km@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> If the frame will accomdate it, will a 3" Gazz work on a BFR? It’s not
> a double wide rim, so I guess you’d have a better chance of folding the
> tire over the rim. I found the following picture of a 3" on a BFR and
> was wondering if many people have tried it/had any problems.
>
>
> http://tinyurl.com/1cp
>
> Thanks,
>
>
> –
> gbarnes
>
> George C. Barnes IV
> President, ISU Unicycle Club
> http://www.public.iastate.edu/~gbarnes/
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> gbarnes’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/174
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/16748
>

for a unicycle.

right, problem with big fat tyres is that the smaller the rim you get, the rounder the tyre will be. Not so much of a problem for a bicycle, could be a problem for a unicycle.

You dont lean over so much on a unicyle, so the bigger the rim, the squarer the profile of the rim will be and the better the tyre will run for you. also, the wider the rim, the less pressure you can run in the tyre without worrying about the tyre rolling on the rim, ie, squishing too far to the left of right, trials speaking.

James, Perth Australia

Re: 3" Gazz on a BFR

hey! I was in Perth yesterday!!!
actually, i was in Freo, but I did go to Perth for a quick look. Plenty of
trials-type action over there!

Leo
Sydney, Australia

“jimmytrialsrider” <jimmytrialsrider.11b2a@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote
in message news:jimmytrialsrider.11b2a@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> right, problem with big fat tyres is that the smaller the rim you get,
> the rounder the tyre will be. Not so much of a problem for a bicycle,
> could be a problem for a unicycle.
>
> You dont lean over so much on a unicyle, so the bigger the rim, the
> squarer the profile of the rim will be and the better the tyre will run
> for you. also, the wider the rim, the less pressure you can run in the
> tyre without worrying about the tyre rolling on the rim, ie, squishing
> too far to the left of right, trials speaking.
>
> James, Perth Australia
>
>
> –
> jimmytrialsrider
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> jimmytrialsrider’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/518
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/16748
>

you might have seen us then

we were out for a trials ride in freo on sunday. it happens to be the best place for trials riding in wa. too bad we only have about 20 riders all up, and two unicycle trials riders. including me…ha

james

Re: 3" Gazz on a BFR

I was in Little Creatures in Freo all afternoon. Too pissed to ride by 3pm!

Leo

yes, there is HEAPS of good terrain in Freo.

“jimmytrialsrider” <jimmytrialsrider.12t8b@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote
in message news:jimmytrialsrider.12t8b@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> we were out for a trials ride in freo on sunday. it happens to be the
> best place for trials riding in wa. too bad we only have about 20 riders
> all up, and two unicycle trials riders. including me…ha
>
> james
>
>
> –
> jimmytrialsrider
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> jimmytrialsrider’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/518
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/16748
>

well

at least you got to try some good beer!

Re: 3" Gazz on a BFR

it wasnt good, it was great!!!

too bad they only bottle the Pale Ale. I LOVE the pilsener

Leo

“jimmytrialsrider” <jimmytrialsrider.12z8y@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote
in message news:jimmytrialsrider.12z8y@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> at least you got to try some good beer!
>
>
> –
> jimmytrialsrider
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> jimmytrialsrider’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/518
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/16748
>

George, I mounted a 24x3 Gazz on my Sem XLW with a BFR rim last night. It looks like it’ll be alright. It should work untill I get a double wide rim. I was running a 2.6 Gazz on it, and it would fold over if I ran the air pressure too low, so I’m sure the big 3 incher will be the same way. cheers Joe, ps, I put some pics on a unicyclist.com gallery at: http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/album28

Re: 3" Gazz on a BFR

Mojoe <Mojoe.1vsza@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in
news:Mojoe.1vsza@timelimit.unicyclist.com:

>
> George, I mounted a 24x3 Gazz on my Sem XLW with a BFR rim last night.
> It looks like it’ll be alright. It should work untill I get a double
> wide rim. I was running a 2.6 Gazz on it, and it would fold over if I
> ran the air pressure too low, so I’m sure the big 3 incher will be the
> same way. cheers Joe, ps, I put some pics on a unicyclist.com gallery
> at:
>

Man, that is a TIGHT fit! I really want to build a Semcycle XL trials
uni… Maybe I can squeeze the frame in a vice to clear the Monty tire.

John

wow after seeing a sem xlw frame fitting a gazz 3.0 with slight modification makes me want to get one and do the slight anger management to the inside and slap on a monster tire too…someday. i have the money and it is quite tempting to go order one right now. well ill have to see if i feel like it