29er vs. 36-Coker

I have both a 29er and a coker, but since I got my coker a month ago that is all I ride, I loaned my 29er to a friend so he could learn on it. I live in the city and it’s great for my 2 mile commute uptown, and I love taking it down stairs, up stairs, off drops, I can hop SIF around 18" inches on it, and I just started doing that. I can do just as much urban stuff as I want, yet I can also ride it all around the city going to differint spots to do differint things, and when the security tells you to leave you just find another place. The coker just feels so much smoother and it’s nice not to have to pedal at 150rpm just to go fast. As far as space goes, you can find space. I take it into stores to buy groceries on it and get food and stuff. I havn’t done any muni on it yet but I fully intend to when I get the chance. My vote goes for the coker.

I have a beautiful 29r for sale for $300. It has a custom frame and will fit a 24x3 setup as well. Check the Trading Post forum…

Adam-

How goes it? Are you still really in Orlando? Plans change and I don’t know your most recent ones.

As to the Coker vs. any other unicycle question:

There is literally nothing like a Coker. Build your finances and life to accommodate one. JC bought a car based on the fact that he could transport a Coker in it. This makes sense to everyone but Jagur but Jagur was born in the wrong century and marches, quite admirably, to very different drummer.

Greg,
I moved back a little further south of Orlando to my home town of Port Charlotte. I’m going to school down at Florida Gulf Coast University and having a blast. Got a new job, a new dog, and hopefully a new trials ride once someone takes this 29r off my hands.

Oh boy, this subject has been beat to death.

All I have to say is that if I could only own one unicycle, it would have a 36" wheel (my current ride only has a coker tube and coker spokes).

I agree with Harper 500%

I might add that my recent vehicle purchase was inflluenced by my coker.

Ever since I got a coker I haven’t ridden my 24 at all. For a dorm though and short campus commutes I’d say jsut use a 24 it’s much easier to carry around, stick int eh corner of a classroom (or dorm room) and better for letting other people try. The other thing is riding around the busy parts of campus during the busy parts of the day is not safe and will scare people on foot.

but again the speed and distance abilities of a coker is just awesome. I didn’t consider it in my choice of vehicle but I wish I had. Because it takes up the whole back seat.

Yes, the Coker is just lovely.

Last week when I rode around Vassar College, a very flat and level campus. I swear I coasted around. Never felt that way on any smaller wheel. It was so smooth, and so easy. Effortless, and that’s one word I never thought I’d use talking about a Coker.

But I won’t give up my 24" Nimbus Muni. If the ground is dry, I head for the hills on that as well.

The sad news is my 28" Sun hasn’t seen the light of day for many months. I’ve loss interest in that one, once a favorite.

so is it better to add the v-brake… or go pure “leg” brake,

(and I am assuming based on the price that the v-brake at unicycle.com for their deluxe is a simple V, not a magura hydraulic.)

and for those who know, are the wheel upgrades worth the added money for the deluxe coker?