29'er stand?

…can it take the weight of the entire uni?

yeah, an electric guitar weighs more than a 29er…if i had the missing bottom peice it would be alot better but for 2 bucks i’ll fabricate one…

Yeah but in the case of a guitar its weight is on the bottom resting on the floor while just the neck is supported by the top part of the stand. With the 29’er, the way you have it in the photo, all the weight would be supported by the small piece at the top of the stand. It doesn’t look strong enough to handle that weight.

Amy at unicycle.com recommended that for my 24" Nimbus, and 28" Sun, I get some hooks and hang my uni from the ceiling. It works great and the hooks are less than a dollar.

HUH? the guitars bottom wouldnt be resting on the floor? it sits in that cradle like thing that missing from my pic. look at the first pic in this thread by Hungfromhooks, see that thing there? that where the uni wheel would rest.

Guitar Stand

I found this stand in my neighbor’s trash last month. It doesn’t have the lower support bracket. But, it works fine for all my uni’s, as long as it’s up against the wall. If it’s not up against the wall, the weight of the uni tends to push the stand away from uni. Eventually, I’ll make a simple wooden base or a lower bracket for it, so it will work anywhere.

large marge uni.jpg

I’ve had this fold-up guitar stand for 25 years or so. I tried it today with my 29’er … works well.

SH

…excellent, that definitely looks like the ticket Showard. :slight_smile:

huh? what was differant about my posts than SH’s ? and what about SurlyDave, isnt that the ticket too?.. negative posts for me, positive posts for everyone else. your on my no reply list.

Relax Jagur, you had your uni upside down without the wheelset. I thought that was the way you intended to use the stand and just wondered if it would deal with the weight and wondered about the top heaviness of that set up. My bad. I haven’t examined a guitar stand up close and didn’t know that you intended to turn your uni the other way around.

Yeah SurlyDave’s set up made sense to me, as did your explanation, but in both cases, with the lower piece of the stand missing the uni still needed support. In SH’s example, all the bits are there and the uni is held, without the need to lean up against anything, by the stand. That’s the kind of set up I was looking for for my work situation where I do not have the option of inserting hooks in either the ceiling or walls.

ok im relaxed now. So is my muni in the guitar stand,without the bottom piece and away from any wall. i still am going to make a platform though.

mar27191.jpg

THAT is a beautiful sight… ok, I’m gonna starting scouting around for my own awesome deal on a second hand guitar stand! :smiley: