26" Muni Rebirth Idea For Cross Country

I dusted off my KH26 hybrid that I haven’t ridden in a year and a half (since buying a 27.5) and replaced its Maxxis 2.5 High Roller tire with a WTB 2.8 light weight Ranger and light weight tube for around $70. The transformation is astonishing. It’s so much faster overall than it was before especially on climbs. And the bigger tire rides so much smoother over opstacles. Now I’m enjoying working it into the rotation with my 27.5 again. If you guys have a 26" Muni that is no longer getting the love it once did because of a recent purchase of a larger Muni consider this upgrade to change things up a bit. You might fall in love with it again as I did!

My setup:

KH26 Frame
138 Nimbus VCX Cranks
Nimbus wheel
KH Fusion Zero Saddle
KH T-Bar
Nimbus Plastic Pedals

http:\/\/www.unicyclist.com\/core\/image\/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP\/\/\/wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw== ​​

Funny! I did the exact same thing with my 26" after buying my QX 27.5+ - replaced my Maxxis 2.7 High Roller with the 2.8 Ranger - but I didn’t like it at all. It seemed too flimsy for the technical muni, but not big enough to give the advantages of a plus sized tire. I went back to the Maxxis.

These days I’ve pretty much quit riding technical stuff, because my back hates it, so it’s a moot point anyway. But I think If I were going to give it another try, I would pick a bigger heavier tire. I really like the WTB 3.0 Bridger on the 27.5.

Definitely worth trying though!