26" inner tube in coker

I was bored this weekend so I picked up a $5 inner tube to replace the hefty 36" one as I’ve wanted to do this for some time. I pumped it up to about the diameter of the wheel, and man was this thing sausaged. Being the rebel that I am, I decided to do the install anyways. After very gingerly pumping the tire up to my riding pressure of 40 psi, I hesitantly took it for a spin. I jumped on expecting the tube to blow, but to my surprise it did not. Instead, I was greeted with added control and a more responsive ride in general. Best $5 I’ve ever spent, although I’m half expecting this thing to just randomly blow up on one of my rides. :o

Yah I have ran a 26" tube in the 36 as well. It really isn’t all that much different than using a 29 but I found it much harder to get on.

I tried to use a thick 26" downhill tube once but it ripped in half when I was pre-stretching it.

Generally I would suggest 29" tubes over 26" tubes for stretching into a 36, but if it works there is no reason not to do it!

Wobbie-Bear also is using a 26" tube