24hr and 100mile World Record Attempt for OXFAM Tsunami Relief

Check out the live updates page now! Three hours ago Ken had done 205km in 441 laps. Nice one Ken!

CONGRATULATIONS bigtime Ken for breaking the 24 hour record! You’re the man! Hope you make it quite a bit further to “make it harder for the next guy”.

—Nathan

Awesome news! Congratulations on the record, it’s all gravy from here.

3 1/2 hours of excess! go, Go, GO!!!

Great job.

Our donation is in.

Extreme congratulations Ken! That is an amazing accomplishment.

Scott

Way to go, Ken! Very impresssive. :slight_smile:

!

Ken,
You rock!
Way to go!

wow

that´s realy amasing…

congratiulation

:slight_smile: :smiley: :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :astonished:

Great job. My heartiest congratulations. Can’t let Lars have all the distance records, eh.

Way to go Ken,

I hope you have a quick recovery from the exausting ride. Cant wait to hear your side of the endevor as well.

Mike

AWESOME STUFF KEN!!
Just goes to show, kiwis can do anything when they put their minds to it :smiley:

WOOO WOO

Good going man.

BIG thumbs!!!Very, very, very ad infinitum good work!Just read your webcast page open mouthed. A big hats off to the chap who rode ahead to clear the way. It would have been cool if he’d had a red flag to wave. Hope you ain’t in too much pain. Out of interest what measures did you take against saddle soreness?

Anyway…major congrats. I’m going to stop complaining about my 2 consecutive twelve hour shifts immediately. Some good old fashioned pounds and pence shall be winging their way to you posthaste.

Nice one,
Kit

Congratulations!
Wow ! 378.7 km !! 235.3mi!!
Impressive new mark! Ken - you’re an animal.

steveyo

Woohoo!!! I got the 24hr record! 378km!

Thanks for all your support everyone. It was awesome!

Was a bit disappointed about the 100mile record; up by about 6-7 laps (almost 8min) after 3hrs, then started cramping up when the temperature hit 40+ degrees C. I started going backwards after that.

This just will be a short note but I’ll write a bit more tomorrow. I finished the ride at 0800hrs this morning, start work at 0800hrs tomorrow :smiley:

Ken

Ken, nice going. The 24 hour record is an AWESOME achievement. You should also be proud of the attention and funds you raised for the relief effort. We were very happy to contribute.

I have no doubt that the 100 mile record will be yours if you want it. And should you go for it, you can do it with a singular focus, rather than with knowing you still have more than half a day of riding following it.

Congratulations!

WOW! Congratulations! It sounded like the temperatures and the night crowd made the challenge all the more daunting - good work! Totally impressed that Ken started up again around dawn. Looking forward to reading more about the ride!

-andrea

Huge props to ya, Ken! You dealt with so much more than your planning could foresee, which is what makes a Great Rider.

Ken, ccngratulations again. You didn’t just beat the record you killed it. Way to go!

—Nathan