24 Hour World Record attempt in Aberystwyth, UK

Tell you what, you come and cover my shift at the Evening Post and I’ll turn up to do the cheering.

How does that sound?

Good luck this weekend!

We’re root, root, rooting for you for this side of the pond!

May your legs be tireless, your heart strong, your lungs deep, and your saddle comfy!

Go, Sam, go!

Thanks Steve, et al! You lot over the pond can seem pretty funny sometimes, but you certainly have the encouragement thing to a tee. :slight_smile:

I don’t know if I’m getting a bit of hypercondria, but I’m telling myself the twinges in my right knee and ankle are inconsequential. It’ll be fine…

And I don’t know what the checkout girl at the supermarket thought of the amount of pasta and bananas I was buying on my own (four bunches and seven half-kilo packs). Mmm… pasta…

Sam

Wendy says she’ll keep you fed if need be.

Really looking forward to it - see you Friday Sam.

Steve :smiley:

I’m off to do the same TV thing again with the BBC Wales this morning. More fun and games with the And Finally guys. That should also be for this evening, if anyone who can get BBC Wales wants to see it or record it.

Steve: I will have supplies of most of my food, but I doubt I’d turn down some hot pasta or drinks! Thanks.

I’ve just picked up a 24 bar box of Geobars - Fairtrade cereal bars. At one an hour x 130 Kcalories each that’s 3120 Kcal, and 600g of carb. Tasty :slight_smile:

Sam

I won’t be able to do the BBC recording - won’t be home early enough unless its on the late news. Should have the ITV one covered though - it’s set to record all three news slots (11:10, 13:30? and 18:00).

Hopefully somebody else can grab the BBC for you.

Rob

Go make history. One step closer to making unicycling an olympic sport.

Good luck.

I’ve got BBC Wales Today set to record (6:30pm & 10:25pm) and if I don’t forget I’ll record ITV at 6:00pm as well (that’ll have to be manually though, Sky+ added channels quirk :frowning: )

I like their apricot, raisin and honey ones, yummy :slight_smile:

Oh and good luck Sam.

Good luck Sam. I’m sure you’ll do fine. Glad to hear you get some riders to join you during this ordeal.
Hey - you might want to strap a ghettoblaster and a disco ball to those handlebars - rhythm is important…:smiley:

Whish I could be there to cheer you on.
Tue

You’re a champ, Sam. Just take it lap by lap, and remember that in 24 hour’s time, you’ll be a part of unicycling history!

Cheers from the States. I hope to see you at Ride the Lobster.

Good Luck Sam! I wish I could join you (for a lap or two!) but I’m too far away without a car. Hope it all goes well. See you soon

Paul

Oh my god, I rarely watch the news, yuck. Sam, I hope you appreciate my suffering of the terribly news reader’s rhetoric to watch your slot on the news :wink:

Well, fair play, ITV took it all relatively seriously. No silly jokes. Well done them. :smiley:

I’ve uploaded the clip from ITV news to the gallery but then it’s saying the server is too busy so I’ve uploaded it to megaupload, here’s the links;

Large version. AVI, XviD, 720 x 460, 21.9MB, 2:37mins
Small version. AVI, XviD, 320 x 204, 5.33MB, 2:37mins

There was nothing on the BBC 6:00pm news.

Hey Sam,

Sorry I can’t be there in body (family stuff), but Sam, Grace and I will be thinking of you and willing you on. All the best and have, errrrrm, fun ?

Cheers,
Chris

The gallery is working for me again (for now at least) here’s the link;

http://www.unicyclist.com/index.php?page=gallery&g2_itemId=557912

Hi Sam,

Sorry we can’t get there but all the best this weekend.

Cheers

Keith

Good luck Sam
I’m thinking beautiful sunny weather thoughts for you