24 Hour Race: Ontario, May 19/20

if you sign up, we can have can vs us teams!

pierson is about an hour from there, and i can pick up/drop you off at the airport

So there you have it! With the addition of BluntRM, the teams are officially Canada vs USA!

can’t wait to see everyone there!

So…
Who are my comrades on team USA and team Canada?

team canada

brian mackenzie
jason mackenzie
tim morin
vince lemay
owen kirby (murde_mental)

team use

adam cohen (justonewheel)
steveyo
roland
unishycler
blunt rm

All right. Now we’ve got a race!!! :slight_smile: Place your bets ladies and gents!

All you 24 hr racers - check out my thread about a shirt design for this race.

The 24 hr race is awesome… I biked it when I was 13, I saw the unicycles there and thats why I bought one, lol

Hey Brian, I am not sure why I have missed this thread for like the last year, but I have. I am buying a 29" uni off of Uniphycler. (think that is speled right) and I was going to come down that week-end and pick it up. Is there any way possible for me to get in on the ride. I think it would be crazy fun. Let me know…

Beener, check your PM.

Dear Team Canada,

After riding with 3/5 riders of Team USA this weekend, I have some observations about their riding…

We’re dead!

AND Roland won the 36" Radial uni raffled off for the Inner Balance release, just in case he didn’t already kick my arse on his 24" uni :frowning:

Love always,

Brian

Does anyone know if there are electrical outlets provided for battery charging during this race?

electricity? oh yeah, that stuff you americans use to make your little bright pocket suns!

:wink: there is power in each cabin (and both uni teams get one of the 2 team cabins :slight_smile: ) and also in the main building…charging of anythingis not an issue

electricity? oh yeah, that stuff you americans use to make your little bright pocket suns!

:wink: there is power in each cabin (and both uni teams get one of the 2 team cabins :slight_smile: ) and also in the main building…charging of anythingis not an issue

-How many laps do you think we’ll average per person?
-What’s the Canadian temperature usually like this time of year?
-Can I get by in Canada using US$, a credit card, or do I need convert a few into CAD$?
-Can a 24" Muni outrun a moose/bear?

1. there are 5 man on a team, the first 2-3 should get 4, the last 3-2 should get 3
  2. the temp these days seems to be 15 celcius, give or take (50-70 farenheight)
    basically, ride in shorts and tshirt during the day, bring long sleeves/pants to chill at night…if american…this also means bring jacket nd thin gloves
  3. $CDN is just about $.9US, while close enough to pss, you shoudl soend all $ in Candaian. When I went to the US, I could withdraw from my $cdn account, and currencey conversion was taken care of.

it wouldn’t hurt to have some Cdn $ on you… (will save you from the…while hosestly based, no thought given to exact conversions…money convesions…) and while I as in US, all my Cdn stuff worked, but it wouldn’t hurt to withdraw all the cdn $ you need before you cross the border. It’s not like in the US…you can actually carry $ in your pockets here!

1. Get a Coker

Actually the bears will get you even on the Coker…I had one running after me, but luckily I had my dog with me, and the bear ate him instead. Time for a new dog I guess.

Hey guys, remember to bring flip-flops(shower sandals) for the shower, they get pretty gross pretty quick :slight_smile:

I hear the showers are coed. Do I need to bring a loin cloth as well?

I’ll shower when I’m dead.

As long as I don’t see your loin all weekend, I don’t care how it gets managed.