2015 Douthat State Park, Virginia, Muni Gathering(s)

Thanks for changing the date to accommodate me! I’ve added it to my calendar and I’ll probably go ahead and reserve a campsite this week :sunglasses:

Bump.

This doesn’t feel like a thread that should be on page 7. :smiley:

A few of us from Arizona are interested in heading up to Virginia this spring. Camping would be preferred because it would save money over renting a cabin, and May works best because it would allow us to escape the summer heat. If you end up solidifying the date, please let me know! Also, are you the same Claude that was in Phx not too long ago? We might have briefly played uni-basket ball together.

Landon - The date is set for April 24-26. There are several campsites still available. I hope you can make it.

Yes, this is the same Claude you met in Phoenix. Nice to hear from you.

Lodging update

There are 8 campsites left in the Lakeside Camping Loop A. There are also several cabins available. If you plan on going make your reservation soon.

It won’t be long until we are cruising Douthat’s awesome trail system. Last Fall was a great time, I am sure this Spring will be as good or better!

Woohoo! Jess and I are in, just booked a Lakeside Loop campsite! :smiley:

Awesome James and Jess!

There are now only four sites left at the Lakeside camping loop A.

My campsite still has room for another car and tent if anyone wants to share.

Only 2 campsites left!

I’ll be bringing at least 2 others from Chattanooga with me. Looking forward to it. What will mother nature surprise us with this time? :astonished: :smiley:

That’s great Brookes!

Here is the updated line up so far for those who have indicated where they are staying:

April 24-26, 2015

Beards Mountain Lodge:
munimag
haskinsc and Shell
paxuni
jbtilley and family
kayakzz
TragicWarrior

Lakeside (Loop A) Camping:
garmooza
JimmyTheChimp - willing to share site
JTurner and Jess
Tribe and others from Chattanooga

Myself and Frank Brown are on board for Douthat Muni Gathering. We are coming from Richmond VA. Didn’t know if there are rooms, cabins or sites left. We are willing to share or book our own. How ever it works out. We meet a lot of the people last weekend at Monstercross. Aaron

Aaron, it was great meeting you and Frank at MonsterCross. I just checked with Mrs. pax and she isn’t going to be able to take time off work and join us.

So… I will have bed(s) available in my room to sub-lease. Not sure if I have one bunk bed or two in the room Claude has assigned to me.

Or there’s the camping option.

pax - aka stephen

I’m planning on coming down from the central NY area. If there is any extra room at a campsite, let me know. There are still two campsites available for the weekend.

Robi demuni is also coming down from Albany NY so you might want to PM him for car pooling. Great guy and awesome rider.

At this point the lodge has three bedrooms that are paid for but unassigned- according to munimag aka-Claude. A two single bed room and two four person double bunk bed rooms. All have been reserved and paid for but none sub-let. The additional cost over dividing the room price would be a parking pass… 5-10 bucks.

I’m happy to sub lease one or three of my beds… depending upon need. Although camping lakeside at Douthat is also an awesome option. I’ll let the campers pitch in with their sharing options.

Okay- Douthat fan boy here- but totally brilliant riding and a wonderful group get together worth all the effort and the minimal cost. If you need a bed we’ll likely be able to find a solution.

pax

Pax, regarding the “unassigned” but paid for rooms. One room has 2 bunk beds that sleeps 4 and two rooms have two twin beds each.

Have we been assigned one yet? Two adults, one kid. Wherever there’s room for that.

Yes, you have been assigned a room that sleeps 4 with two bunk beds.

Ok, thanks.

I haven’t been on the forums very much over the last… forever. For a second I was worried I missed something.

Less than 3 weeks to the Douthat muni event, I am getting excited!