2011 Toker line just rolled in....

I didn’t see any threads about this.

Aside for color changes there’s nothing new on the CX, LX, and TX

LX Pro is between LX and DX(not too great IMHO) ISIS crank, 48 spokes, LX frame, singe walled :frowning:

DX is now a 36 hole wheel. No brake mounts.

See sig.

Aweful, just aweful. They are rediculously heavy, and the muni doesn’t have break mounts. This uni is no where near the quality of a nimbus

I wouldn’t use “awful” to describe it, but I agree that it’s nothing to go crazy over. The 2010 DX’s were pretty light, these are lighter with the new wheel. The LX Pro is a huge disappointment, it should be a double walled rim.

Nimbus still costs more. Torker gives cash-strapped riders a decent product for less, they’re like the Epiphone of Unicycles.

Actually, the Torker is $30 more expensive, making it effectively useless as far as I can tell.

2011 Torker, $330

Nimbus Trials, $300

Edit: The muni price gap is even larger, with Nimbus 24" Muni costing only $260 and the Torker costing $350 (see above Torker link).

Right now there are also huge deals on Koxx One. A 24" Muni with brake bosses for $208 is not bad at all:

http://makais.com/products/Track-Monster-24-Unicycle.html

Are you sure? on the 24" too?
I’m pretty sure I can see the mount in the picture.

I see what you mean, it’s really hard to tell. They were going to add them back on again but it’s not clear from the picture. I know some guys at Torker so I’ll shoot them an email and find out.

It sure looks like brake mounts to me.

It’s funny that when people mention they want a Nimbus trials or Muni the conversation seems to point to the “moment cranks upgrade” as being all but necessary. Now Torker has a uni with Chromoly cranks that are most likely lighter than the moments, and stronger than Ventures. I don’t know why nobody is bringing this point up, but the price of the uni seems to be taking center stage. The closest cranks to the Torkers would probably be the Koxx street cranks at $130. To me that more than makes up the price difference.

The 40mm rim is a bit of a let down, but it should be a good match to the 2.6 tire. It’s a lighter setup which would be nimble and good for someone who isn’t doing a lot of hopping. In the current market it’s a bit of a wonder that they didn’t spec a 3" tire with a 45mm+ rim.

It looks like they are using a 22mm BMX Mid BB bearing for their cranks which is super nice as you can get them easily just about anywhere.

It seems like if they made a few minor changes to the spec. they could make this a certain step up from a Nimbus.

Good to see improments, isn’t there also a wider rim on the muni now? Hopefully torker will keep on improving it.

I was told by SBS that it’s the same frame as the '10 but I can see what you’re talking about on the pic. It looks like a brake mount. hmmmmm.

plus they still didn’t make 140mm cranks.

fail.

The word from Torker is they ordered brake mounts on the 24" but for unknown reasons they didn’t get included. So for now, no brake mounts.

But, I’m assured they will work with their frame supplier to include brake mounts in the future “…even if I have to go over there and weld them on myself!”.

The good news is they are listening. :smiley:

[QUOTE=jtrops;1402657]
It sure looks like brake mounts to me.

It’s funny that when people mention they want a Nimbus trials or Muni the conversation seems to point to the “moment cranks upgrade” as being all but necessary. Now Torker has a uni with Chromoly cranks that are most likely lighter than the moments, and stronger than Ventures. I don’t know why nobody is bringing this point up, but the price of the uni seems to be taking center stage. The closest cranks to the Torkers would probably be the Koxx street cranks at $130. To me that more than makes up the price difference.
QUOTE]

Slightly odd thinking… remember it was CrMO cranks that KH went away from when making the billot Aluminium cranks. This was for weight and strength…

BTW: wouldn’t a “Toker” be a reggae unicycle?
Just thought I’d mention it since that is what the subject line says. :slight_smile:

I can see why you would say slightly odd, but it doesn’t seem that far off really. I don’t know if the Moments are stronger than the CrMo ones, but in my statement I said that the Torker cranks were most likely stronger than Ventures, and lighter than Moments. UDC.NZ has 150 Moments listed at 576g and KH/Onza arms are listed at 520g in the same length. It may be that in order to get the extra strength without going over 600g the Moments had to be made from Aluminum.