2004 Midwest Unicycling Regionals - May 8, 2004

Everyone’s invited to the 2004 Midwest Unicycling Regionals that will be on May 8 and 9, 2004 in St. Paul, Minnesota. The regionals is packed with some fun events and less formal competitions (which helps riders prepare for NAUCC and UNICON).

On Saturday, the fun begins at 8:30 AM with the fun events, races, and trials competition (arranged by Trialsmaster Max). Then on Saturday afternoon, there will be the Standard Skill, Individual and Pairs competitions. In the evening, we will have an exciting Hockey Tournament.

On Sunday afternoon, there will be a MUni ride.

On the Friday night before regionals, we most likely will also have a club practice that everyone is invited to come to.

If you have any questions or need more information about regionals, feel free to contact myself or Connie Cotter (Constance.Cotter at udlp dot com).

• Gilby

Gilby,

The Unicycle University gang is looking forward to it. See you there.

Bruce

cough Bump cough

Oh man,
I really want to come up for the muni ride on Sunday. I just checked the calender, though, and that’s Mother’s Day. I don’t know if I’ll be able to sneek away.

Mojoe

Well, I have the OK to come up to Regionals, but I have a few questions:

1. What time on Sunday is the Muni ride going to start?

2. Where is the Muni ride going to be?

thanks in advance…

… Mojoe

I think I heard noon or one, but if you wanted to go for a seperate ride earlier, I’d be up for that.

PS, would you want a place to stay?

Ill be going to regionals. As just said before - anyone up for a muni ride prior to the organized one I would be wuite happy to go with anyone…especially you mojo, we could rock it together GB4 style.

Probably at noon. If Lebanon Hills is open by then, that’s the likely place that we’ll do the ride at.

Thanks for the offer, but I’ll probably just come up for the Sunday ride. Can’t wait to get out ride more. All my school work and job are keeping me down.

Mojoe

Fluff…

Can’t wait to ride with you too and see that pretty red muni. I’ll be getting my new GB4 frame this week, along with a prototype Surly Large Marge wheel to test out.

George also made me a new Ultimate Wheel with the directional spokes like the Sem ones posted here a while back. I’ll bring it along.

Mojoe
http://mojoe.unicyclist.com/trials.html

Looks like Lebanon Hills opens this Monday. Last year it opened around the first week of May, I think.

Thanks Gilby… I’m looking forward to coming up for the ride.

Mojoe

I dont exactly know what your talkin about with the UW or the surly large marge thing but oh well…How will we know eachother at the place, besides the gorgeous GB4 logos gleaming in the sun?

We’ll more than likely be the only ones on GB4 frames. Mine is metallic black, by the way.

Here’s a pic of George’s UW. Mine is just like it, but metallic black. I’ll let ya give it a try.

Mojoe
http://mojoe.unicyclist.com/trials.html

gb4uw.jpg

wrong country for me i’m afraid …shame

Nice UW!!!

Is george making these for people as of now? If so, could you PM me with the probable price, with georges consent of course.

George said there are no plans for production. He made one for himself and then an extra one because he knew someone would want one. He sent me a picture of them right away and I begged him to sell me one.

later… Mojoe
http://mojoe.unicyclist.com/

St Paul is a big place

Midwest regionals in St Paul May 8. Where in St Paul is the Sat afternoon doings. I have had a unicycle for a week and would like to see if this thing can realy be riden.:frowning:

Regionals is taking place this Saturday, May 8 from 8 am to 10 pm at Arlington High School in St. Paul.
check www.tcuc.org this week for more updates.

-Ryan :slight_smile:

Arlington Hi.

Arlinton Hi isn’t so far. I can find that.
Do I need to be a member to get in?
Is ther a charge?