2003 Convention Highlights

My daughter and I went for our first convention. We both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Thanks to TCUC for doing such a fine job!

Here’s my partial list, not in any order:

1. Meeting the people from One Wheel No Limit, which I have watched at least 100 times.

2. Getting advice on backwards one-foot from Ryan Woessner, and wheel-walking advice from Dana Schneider.

3. Talking with Elijah about his magnetic Coker brake.

4. Seeing Elijah BOMB down the hill in the 10k. It was frightening!

5. Seeing Max’s Fireball wheelchair.

6. Seeing Max compete in the uphill race.

7. Meeting the nice people from RTUC, who treated me and my daughter like family, and helped me keep good track of her.

8. Seeing Rhysling interact with my 10 year old daughter like an equal.

9. Assisting with the high jump and watching the amazing power of these guys up close.

10. Seeing fellow Unatics, who are family.

11. Seeing Nikkifrog stick it out in her first races.

12. Drumming with my hands on the stand at the amazing tempo of Ashley Wood’s wheel-walk racing.

13. Bombing around (er, limping around) the campus trying to keep up with the trials guys beating on my Coker.

14. Seeing Jack overcome his frustration at the parallel boards trials obstacle after losing a run due to touching the tape. He finally conquered it, but the real victory was inside.

15. Seeing my daughter make friends and go happily playing.

16. Meeting Unibrier and Andrea and sharing the costs with them, and a trip to Mall of America. Thanks to you two!