My country road ride today…

Top speed: 11.8 MPH (flat ground)
Average speed: 6.3 MPH
Distance: 7.0 Miles
Time: 66 Minutes
Unicycle: KH20 '05
Cranks: 145’s

Post your stats. :slight_smile:

I would post my stats but i think my odometer is wrong. When i put it on my 20" it said that my top speed was 14.2 mph.

Did you recalibrate your odometer when you switched it over or did it still “think” you were riding a larger wheel?

Did you recalibrate your odometer when you switched it over or did it still “think” you were riding a larger wheel?

I never had it on a larger wheel before that (my unicycles are a 20" onza trials and a 20" generic.) I put it on the generic unicycle and i put in the right number for the 20x1.75 tire. The first time i rode it, my max speed was 9.8 mph, and it felt like i was riding super fast. But then when i rode again a couple days later, i reached 12.6 eaiser then when i reached 9.8 mph the first day.

Are you sure your cycle computer was calibrated correctly? It is tricky to calibrate a squishy tire like a trials tire. You have to measure the rolling diameter while riding and changes to the tire pressure will change the rolling diameter.

Calibrating the wheel takes two people.
-Mount the unicycle
-Have someone put a chalk mark on the tire and on the ground
-Ride forward a couple revolutions till the chalk mark on the tire down at the ground again
-Put a chalk mark on the ground where it ended
-Measure the distance
-Calculate the distance per revolution
-Repeat a couple of times and average the results
-Use that number for calibrating the cycle computer.

Or you could use a GPS. A GPS doesn’t care about what size wheel you have or what the tire pressure is. All the GPS cares about is if it can get a clear view of the satellites in the sky and keep a lock on those satellites.