2-day Coker ride in the Southeast US: Oct. 13-14

You are invited to an awesome 2-day Coker ride from Atlanta, GA to Anniston, AL.
Robert Coggins has put together an awesome 2-day Coker ride. This 100-mile ride will celebrate the completion of a “Rails to Trails” path from Atlanta to Anniston. This ride is eagerly anticipated by the path managers as a way to promote their project. If you want to ride with us, Robert needs to get your RSVP before Sept. 1 (seriously) to reserve hotel space and your return transportation. Here is a messsage Robert sent to Atlanta unicyclists:

I need to know by Sept 1st who will be riding. This is so we can have time to get hotel rooms for the ride.

What: 2-Day Fun Ride
When: Sat & Sun October 13th & 14th, 2007
Where: Silver Comet Trail & Chief Ladiga Trail (total distance: 100 miles)

This is a 2-day fun ride for unicyclists, but 2-wheeling friends or family are welcome, as long as they are ok with riding at unicycle high speeds. We will ride from Atlanta to Cedartown on day 1 and Cedartown to Anniston, AL on day 2. You can choose to ride both days and just 1 day. If you are riding from Atlanta to Cedartown you will need to provide your own transportation back to Atlanta. We will have a support van for the rides with food, drinks, gear, etc that will meet us at key points along the path. We will also have support bicyclists joining us.

You can find out more information about the trails at:
Silver Comet Trail: http://www.pathfoundation.org/index.cfm?event=showSilverComet
Chief Ladiga Trail in Alabama: http://epic.jsu.edu/clt/
Map of both Trails: http://www.sethholladay.com/Silver-Comet-and-Chief-Ladiga-Trails-Map.php

If you are interested in participating and want further information, please send me a PM or contact Robert (Coggins) at brewrag at yahoo dot com or call him at 678/783.6978
If you do not want to ride, but are willing to provide transportation back from Anniston, AL, or would like to help please contact Robert.

Keep in touch and keep spinning!
-Reid Jacobson
Atlanta, GA
404/944.4513 cell

I know this is an old thread, but how did it go? I’m planning on riding the Alabama section (Chief Ladiga Trail) in June sometime (probably the 7th of June) from Anniston to the Georgia state line and back ~64 miles. Kind of wanted a little beta and/or just a general shout out to anyone who would like to go for a long ride… I’m dying to take my new Coker out for a long ride as my goal is to do a century sometime this year and why not start with a metric century?

I’m certainly not ready for a long rider on my coker but would love to hear how it goes for you.

The Rails to Trails development is coming along nicely in the South.

I’ll definitely bump this thread with some picts and a short write up after my trip; I’m really looking forward to it! I was kind of hoping on using it as a RTL qualifiying opportunity. Even though I’m unable to do RTL this year I’d still like to be able to say that I could qualify…

Looking forward to it. And go for the qualifying ride! :slight_smile: