2 bike trials videos

yea, I had these on my computer…

video 1

video 2

Miles

are you jokeing evean with the forum content sticky you still posted this

I didn’t know where I should post it, and most people look at RSU…

If it isn’t unicycling related and it isn’t constructive post it in the general discussion forums, that is why they are there. If you want lots of people to watch the bike videos then post them on a bike website.

ok srry.

thanks for posting them mornish, i wouldnt have seen them if you had of posted them somewhere else :slight_smile: nice videos

i thought they were cool too, and relevant. that’s some of the same stuff that a lot of the trials unicyclists post here, and it looks cool on bikes too.

Manifesto

One of those clips is rather important to all trials unicyclists. If you dont know it already, the easiest way to improve your trials unicycling is technique. One of the techniques you should come to know and practise daily is THE MANIFESTO.
Authough he follows the manifesto in the trials bike context it is pretty much one of the most splendid things to improve your videos. Too many unicycle videos on here that dont use the manifesto, clean up your lines by doing them this way and people will love you for it ( i know i think about it every moment i ride even if i cant follow the manifesto, i like to think i am on my way to learning it )

The Manifesto:
“ELIMINATE ALL SET-UP AND RECOVERY HOPS FROM TRIALS RIDING”

IN THE CEASELSS QUEST FOR MORE RIDING STYLE, RYAN LEECH UNLEASHES “THE MANIFESTO”. A SEEMINGLY SIMPLE IDEA, THOUGH UNHEARD OF BEFORE NOW, THE MANIFESTO WILL REDEFINE THE SPORT FOR TRIALS RIDERS WORLDWIDE! TRIALS HAS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT FINESSE, CONTROL, AND PRECISION AND NOW THE MANIFESTO STYLE BRINGS EFFORTLESS, FLUID ELEGANCE. LET THE REVOLUTION BEGIN!

watch the video, buy the dvd and by all means do not stop unicycling, follow the manifesto :smiley:

I agree it should probably have been in JC, but I enjoyed the videos.

Thankyou for posting these videos Mornish.

In the future, please make sure you post whatever the shell you want to!
except offensiveness

Of course these videos can help you with your Trials as muzzle said above. Who decide’s what’s relevant.

AndyC

Thanks for posting them. I also post sometimes Uni videos on a bike Forum to keep them informed whats possible on a Uni so why shouldn’t we watch some bike videos once a year.

THANK YOU FOR THESE VIDEOS !!!
Come on, being more rigorous doesn’t mean having to be narrow minded. It’s important to know what happens in other sports of the same nature as ours, plus they are pretty impressive trials videos. Give us a break and don’t start behaving like ayatollahs telling us what’s allowed and what’s forbidden on a unicycle forum.

Woah! That guy is a SMOOTH rider! Im gonna try and make my trials lines smoother from now on, it looks soo much better!

Trials bikers look funny when they pull 360’s, i don’t know what it is, but it looks like they spin too much on the ground and not enough in the air. Almost like most of the spin is done with the wheel in contact with the ground.
Ever noticed how trials bikers are on one wheel for most of the time anyway? Unicycle wannabes?

Rock on!
Edd

Maybe unicycling is part of their cross traing…Hmmm? You would certainly think so.

Mornish, do you ride a unicycle?
Would you consider yourself a unicyclist?
Do you often come here to read and discuss things about unicycling?

If you answered yes to these questions, then I think that you have EVERY RIGHT to post whatever the hell you want if you THINK that other unicyclist might appreciate it.

DON’T APOLOGIZE! Tell them to apologize to you.

Interesting stuff - and quite relevant for unicyclists IMO.

I have been thinking if bike trialers have an advantage regarding jumps. What they do looks pretty similar to seat out hopping on a uni (holding the handlebar instead of the seat). But since their pedals are in front of the wheel they have a lever. I guess this really increases the launch speed and thus the maximum height (just like for a grasshopper with its long legs).

By this logic a giraffe unicycle should allow higher jumps and drops, given enough skill and strength. The giraffe would have to tilted quite a lot before jumping to make it effective (i guess at least 45 degrees). Has anyone ever tried this? I guess the problem is that you just can’t hold the seat with enough force (everyone who has riden seat out on a giraffe knows this). So you would need a handle instead of a seat, which brings you back to a bike with no front wheel.

It’s kind of sad that unicyclists will always have this disadvantage, guess we have to make up with agility :slight_smile:

From riding with bike trials people, they seemed to have 2 big advantages for getting up stuff. Firstly, that they can get more speed to do big rolling jumps. Secondly, and this is the big thing, they can use the extra height gained from raising the front wheel and landing that on the obstactle, then using their weight to get the back wheel up and on. They seem to get that extra 2 or 3 feet of jumping almost for free compared to hopping a unicycle. If you see them doing a 2 foot up, they often just pop the front wheel onto it, then brake and haul the back up and it looks effortless.

Joe

When it comes to jump distance the higher speed is certainly unbeatable. But I’m not sure if they can translate that speed to jumping height, like unicyclists do. I am not good at roling hops, but it seems that through the folding motion (right before the jump) part of the horizontal momentum is converted to vertical momentum. Can bikers do this as well?

To make up for the front wheel usage we can use pedal grabs. But the bikers really gain more height and it looks a little smoother compared to full pedal grabs.

I wonder how a trials biker would do you if took their front wheel away…

Knowing them, they probally would, just to save weight.

P.S. I love bike trials videos… I’m glad you posted them.